Elemental Forms

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Elidroth

Elemental Forms

Post by Elidroth »

Quick question:

For your elemental forms. Keep the illusion or ditch it. You would still retain the benefits if we scrap the illusion.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: Elemental Forms

Post by Sillaen »

I know it would probably be slightly more beneficial if there was no illusion attached, but I've always kind of liked that little flavor, so if we're voting I say keep the illusion if they are remaining in their current state.
Last edited by Sillaen on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Short answer: keep the illusion, since that's kinda the point of it.

Long answer: it really depends if anything is going to be done with them in the future. We've been seeking upgrades with more modern/useful effects for a while now. If the effects are going to be brought up to more modern standards it might be better to ditch the illusion.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Could really care less about the illusion.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Ditch it. They create some serious problems with mounts.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

I vote to Ditch the illusion

Sued...
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Lose illusion keep buff is my vote also.

Calebe
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Lose it.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

Hehe, mage community has different opinions as usual :-)

I would say the issue is not that much if the illusion stays or not, but what the buff does. As Malleria pointed out, the different buffs for the elemental illusions are extremely outdated now. For example, the mana regeneration granted by water elemental illusion is totally significantless nowadays. So is the hp increase of the earth elemental form. The resists and the levitation granted by air illusion are meaningless in a time where you have AA-levitation at will and where even group geared players reach their resists cap. The DS and higher intelligence of the fire elemental illusion, I don't even talk about...

If you plan a revamp of the buffs (higher ranks of the AAs), do it accordingly to statistical standards of the current expansion (for example the Knowledge of the Past clickies everyone can get should be the arithmetical guideline for an increased mana regeneration buff of higher ranks water illu). Personnally, I woudl like a change of the fire elemental illusion, the higher intelligence and DS were usuless even in Luclin/PoP era, make it something related to nukes (add a small nuke proc to every nuke we cast or a focus to nukes, etc.).

Regarding the illusions themselves, I plead too for keeping them, they belong to our archetypal history :-)
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Post by Aumeldarie »

Ditch the illusion if it means bringing them up to date.