Elemental Forms

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Elemental Forms

Post by Piemastaj »

if they are staying the same then leave it. but if you update them to being useful you should lose it because we would like to use mounts with them. culd maybe make them like the nec spell where u can click off the illusion.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
finamdar

Post by finamdar »

I agree with pie, if they're getting upgraded make them like necro/druid/ranger illusions where the AA triggers two buffs, the buff part and the illusion part, otherwise leave them as is. seems like the best solution to make them more useful but also keep the flavor.
Mendoros07
Magician

Post by Mendoros07 »

Ditch them since we spend so much time on our mounts.... that is if we actually would use one of the illusions since as others have stated, in their current state are pretty useless the way the game has evolved.
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

i never use this... i thought they just evolved into respective CORES
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

The befits from illusions are so small, I never even click them on. If the illusions were brought up to 2011 game standards, (and I think they should be) I would prefer some method of using the illusion and a mount at the same time, so if that means dropping the illusion but keeping the buff, that is fine.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

I like the illusions for flavor but rarely use them. I would hate to lose the ability to become an elemental form though - so if you plan on removing the illusion, a mage only clickie with a script attached that cycles through the four illusions would be an awesome replacement for those wanting to retain the illusions, while still getting to use the upgraded forms when not in illusion form.
Elidroth

Post by Elidroth »

The issue IS the illusion itself. As you might have seen, I'm removing illusions tied to AA on lore reasons only because there are issues with global memory, the work in splitting out the illusion (as everyone seems to want), which creates additional buff slots used, and so forth.

My question was.. is the illusion important enough to you to deal with those issues on your own, or should I remove it like I am with every other class?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Nope, I am fine w/o having that illusion. Most mages dont use these AAs anyway tbh. More or less got them so we could get Fire Core, Stone Core and such.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Elidroth wrote:The issue IS the illusion itself. As you might have seen, I'm removing illusions tied to AA on lore reasons only because there are issues with global memory, the work in splitting out the illusion (as everyone seems to want), which creates additional buff slots used, and so forth.

My question was.. is the illusion important enough to you to deal with those issues on your own, or should I remove it like I am with every other class?
Remove the illusion for (the above-stated reasons).

I like the idea to have a clicky illusion-rotating item. Sounds like one of the old Sol Ro quests!

Bara
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Ditch the illusion.