Glyphs (?)

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Zacatac
Conjurer

Glyphs (?)

Post by Zacatac »

For the longest time, I didn't buy Glyphs. I didn't want to spend my hard earned AAs on something that last for a couple minutes. As a casual player, it just seemed like something for the raiders and hardcore players to do.

But now, with over 4500 AA of my own (playing steadily since 1999) there really isn't much else to buy. So I finally get around to working on the Glyphs.

The 3 of tried so far are Lost Secrets, Destruction, and Courage.

I'm really liking Lost Secrets for long fights. We are doing events like Pallorax and Mindshear right now that really make this one useful.

Destruction is good for short fights since it only lasts 2 minutes. Courage is somewhere in the middle range fights.

Which ones do you use, and where/when?
Malleria
Arch Mage

Re: Glyphs (?)

Post by Malleria »

Lost Secrets for long fights where mana will become an issue, Cataclysm for short burns.
Last edited by Malleria on Sun May 30, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Malleria wrote:Lost Secrets for long fights where mana will become an issue, Cataclysm for short burns. Never use Courage as it doesn't stack with Fire Core, and to get the most bang you really need to be stacking all your modifiers.
I don't think that's right.

According to the stacking order on Lucy for Glyph of Courage http://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.htm ... ource=Live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it doesn't stack with 7th, or feral eye, but stacks with smurf near everything else. Matter of fact, taking the information out of Wire's parse "critical conditions", you can see what he's using to stack for maximum crit chances;

Effect Slot Source

0.21 1 Auspice of the Hunter

0.21 2 First Spire of Elements

0.03 4 Circle of Power

0.50 5 Intensity of the Resolute
0.15 5 Glyph of Courage
0.10 5 Fierce Eye

0.12 9 Spirit of Vesagran

(this shows how Courage doesn't stack with 7th or FE, but is used for max crit chances).
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Bah, sorry, Redius is right. I was thinking of something else. Ya, courage stacks well with our other abilties if 7th is down. Still prefer cataclysm personally though.
Falore
Magician

Post by Falore »

I agree, 95 percent of the time I use cataclysm on burns. the other 5 percent of the time I am using lost secrets if i know its gonna be a longg dragged out fight that will be rough on my mana.
Maneki Neko

Post by Maneki Neko »

I can't wait until I have enough AA to burn on glyphs :twisted:

Working on defensive related stuff now :)
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Falore wrote:I agree, 95 percent of the time I use cataclysm on burns. the other 5 percent of the time I am using lost secrets if i know its gonna be a longg dragged out fight that will be rough on my mana.
Believe it or not, i've been getting better burn numbers using courage (i don't have 7th). Course, that could just be the RNG messing with me, but for now, that's all i've been using /shrug.
JerusEQ
Magician

Post by JerusEQ »

Redius wrote:
Falore wrote:I agree, 95 percent of the time I use cataclysm on burns. the other 5 percent of the time I am using lost secrets if i know its gonna be a longg dragged out fight that will be rough on my mana.
Believe it or not, i've been getting better burn numbers using courage (i don't have 7th). Course, that could just be the RNG messing with me, but for now, that's all i've been using /shrug.
Only thing is if you have a bard or 7th courage isn't as much of an option. Also has stacking issues with Auspice which is a better crit mod, and you can reach 100% crit with auspice (21), FE(10), bard epic (12), 1st (21), that is up to (64) and base is what like 35? so you are right at almost 100% right there.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

I don't often get a bard in raid group. We just don't have that many to use.

Typical group is-

Druid
Enchanter
Necro
Mage
Mage/Wiz
Mage/Wiz
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

I'm back in Glyph mode again as any AA I don't have right now is completely worthless to me. Glyph of Lost Secrets seems amazing in long fights. I can easily keep up my most expensive spell chain, complete with servants and everything, on Pallorax hard (typically a long fight for us), without going OOM.

For shorter fights, Glyph of the Cataclysm seems the obvious choice, but I was also looking at Glyph of Frantic Infusion. I have not parsed it, but looking at lucy, the DPS bonus should stack with Frenzied Burnout, causing for massive pet DPS. I could be misunderstanding how this works though.