Using pet for Melee skill ups,

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Kimidri

Using pet for Melee skill ups,

Post by Kimidri »

Hi,

I was using the pet to get a level 86 alt's melee skills up had pet on Ghold, was a fresh pet no ds or any weps etc,
Skills going up nicely on alt so went away and came back bit later and pet had killed alt how he managed that with hold on i dont know as id lost any combat messages in spam ,
I think he was stood there after id gone thinking im sick of this pipsqueak hitting me and gave Alt a few smacks :lol:

Anyone else had this?
Bastler
Conjurer

Re: Using pet for Melee skill ups,

Post by Bastler »

Its called RIPOSTE !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eandori Raintree
Elementalist

Post by Eandori Raintree »

No, not just riposte. I've had a pet fully set to PET HOLD turn and start hitting mobs. When I was farming Plane of Growth a few months ago (trying to get drops that I always wanted like robe-clicky-DS) I had this happen several times.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Use "stop" when doing this.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

my guess is riposte. More than likely when the pet went off with pet hold on, you probably accidentally hit pet attack or something of the sort.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

or maybe pet attacked when you went LD? I can't recall this happening, but perhaps?
Danille

Post by Danille »

if you pop a merc and head to DSH and tank the snakes,it actually works just as well.
Nelith
Arch Magus

Post by Nelith »

OP is referring to unattended skill-ups, which violate the EULA. However, if you want to do it the right way, download the Autofire ranger utility (v0.8 or whatever) and just set that up on your mage account to spam /pet hold and /pet stop every 10-15 seconds.

Also be sure to equip your alt with low-dmg, low-dly weapons or ripostes can still get you over time.

Also be sure to put your alt on a mount so they are benefiting from sitting regen.

I've done this many many times with a necro, beastlord, or mage as the skill-PLer and any other class as the PLee. Works perfectly.