Mage Partner

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
bobipet
Magician

Re: Mage Partner

Post by bobipet »

well zatpus u are right on that one and i did some tests :

counterbias slow and lassitude line (listlesness ) overtime heal don't stack (while the agro proc ( 25% slow ) from listlesness continue to land if no other slow on npc,the agro still affect the npc tho.

counterbias slow when it land on the mob,cast right away a 3466 HOT (6932 crit ) on the MT and for 46 sec .while the slow portion last several minute before it fade,the HOT would stop and listleness HOT proc (1322 per tic / 2644 crit ) will land.

need to recast the counterbias slow if we want to get the HOT from it again.

so counterbias HOT ----> 3466 per tic (6932 crit ).
halcyan HOT ------------> 1733 per tic (3466 crit ).
listlesness ---------------> 1322 per tic (2644 crit ).
union of spirit aa -------> 2498 per tic (4952 hp inititial heal )instant cast ,increase all stats overcap + 180 . refresh 12 min once maxed
epic ----------------------> 500 per tic heal, +65% chance to crit melee (refresh 3 min ).ps: not sure if this affect pets tho.

well i said it was 4127 per tic overtime heal,it's more like 5199 hp per tic (not counting crits ) and 3055 hp per tic if u only using the regular aa slow combined with halcyon / listlessness
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Yillawen wrote:Okay Thank you all for all the input. He made a enchanter then said he didn't want to do it and made a Pally lol
The plans of men and mice. :lol:
sowslow

Post by sowslow »

bobipet wrote:well zatpus u are right on that one and i did some tests :

counterbias slow and lassitude line (listlesness ) overtime heal don't stack (while the agro proc ( 25% slow ) from listlesness continue to land if no other slow on npc,the agro still affect the npc tho.

counterbias slow when it land on the mob,cast right away a 3466 HOT (6932 crit ) on the MT and for 46 sec .while the slow portion last several minute before it fade,the HOT would stop and listleness HOT proc (1322 per tic / 2644 crit ) will land.

need to recast the counterbias slow if we want to get the HOT from it again.

so counterbias HOT ----> 3466 per tic (6932 crit ).
halcyan HOT ------------> 1733 per tic (3466 crit ).
listlesness ---------------> 1322 per tic (2644 crit ).
union of spirit aa -------> 2498 per tic (4952 hp inititial heal )instant cast ,increase all stats overcap + 180 . refresh 12 min once maxed
epic ----------------------> 500 per tic heal, +65% chance to crit melee (refresh 3 min ).ps: not sure if this affect pets tho.

well i said it was 4127 per tic overtime heal,it's more like 5199 hp per tic (not counting crits ) and 3055 hp per tic if u only using the regular aa slow combined with halcyon / listlessness
Still off on a couple of things. The counterbias recourse hot will land on the target's target, regardless of if the slow part lands. The slow component can be resisted, but unless the target's target has the hot spell blocked for some reason, it will always land.
Also, listlessness slow stacks with regular slow (turgur's and such). And not talking about just being on the mob at the same time. It adds a small but noticeable additional amount of haste reduction. So even though the hot component doesn't stack, having listlessness on the MT for the small extra agrro and additional slow (added to regular slow) is worth keeping up.
Ninven

Post by Ninven »

just going to put my 2 cents in since I personally play a mage, mage, necro. The necro can single pull as fast as a bard or enchanter...Its very quite simple. let's say at worst there is a 3 pull (it usually doesnt get worse then this, and even when it does, it is stil lvery very easy to pull), all I do is initiate the pull with a coh on mage, then a root on mob 1, quickly snare the other one, and then start running back to camp with the 3rd one unsnared, by now coh hits and one mob rooted back at camp, another one snared not far ahead of the rooted one, and the third one standing close to camp waiting for you to simple snare him and bring him in to the camp. This took all of 10 seconds and the necro never spent any time on the ground FD.

I should also note I have yet to find a camp in UF where I don't have enough room to coth off agro. The necro will add much more dps then the utility an enchanter brings. Ive never needed CC while farming UF, Just make sure you are good at keeping timers as sometimes you need to camp on top of a spawn.

Also after all the suggestions I got with how to be more efficient, ive now killed just about all the named in volska's with just my 3 box and like 4-5 namd in CV (I havent had a chance to try much more yet).

I've also let a bard come into my 3-some. I would BY FAR say if I had to do it all over again, i would be mage mage necro. If I could add a 4th, would be shaman hands down, im not skilled enough to box a 4th though but I do have a friend that boxes warrior shaman and we aboslutely destroy everything when we come together :)

EDIT: I'll add a little more..
I've done all of the UF progression with my 3 box..started doing progression with 20k mana on the 3 chars and like..500 AA's. I was able to do everything except 3 pre quests that required CC..I did all the actually progressions by myself. The hardest was he brell temple 16k hitter at the end. For this I sent necro in with DA. Sent RS pet x2, forced rejuv, RS pet x2, back up and FD on the necro, RS pet x2 again then send the real pets, by now its usually down to like 4 RS pets and then blow the heck out of the mobs with all 3 chars. DA first mage pet once named no longer hitting RS pets, then once DA wears off pet Cast aegis of kildrakuan, can usually get like 10 more seconds then mage pet will splat quick, DA second mage pet and do same thing. Then mob dies with second pet just about to die..couldnt do this with ench dps I dont think
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

6 mages is the best possible exp group. Ever.
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

Back in the day ran a 4 mage grp with a bard and a druid. Nothing could beat us.

May the elements guide and protect you.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Cept for a group with 6 mages!
Danille

Post by Danille »

pandax wrote:Cept for a group with 6 mages!

I totally agree. There is no group makeup that can beat 6 mages. Zero need for tank, slows or heals.
Mastiphal
Trial Member

Post by Mastiphal »

Mage groups are great, but you can replace the 6th slot with a number of beneficial classes while maintaining the efficiency. I would personally opt for 5 mages and a necro, RB is just too OP and would allow for multiple mobs constantly in camp, and mind wrack or whatever would be an asset for mana regen. Either that or a bard..or both.
Danille

Post by Danille »

A 6 mage group will simply never run out of mana, need a puller or anything like that. There is simply no need for another class as it will only lower efficiency.