Shards of Fear (AKA ROF Pre-Launch: Fear Shard Collection)

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Conjurous
Elementalist

Shards of Fear (AKA ROF Pre-Launch: Fear Shard Collection)

Post by Conjurous »

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=5970

Shards reward is in, seems u need max ally which is 20 shards and reward is choice of clicky to shards landing (2 hour recast) or 1 of 3 augs, 40ac 220hp / mana, different heroics. Dunno if we get a clicky to shards in preorder or not but shouldn't matter really, just gate to lobby or GGH anchor and use portal to shards landing.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Shards of Fear (AKA ROF Pre-Launch: Fear Shard Collectio

Post by Piemastaj »

There is a 4 Spell DMG aug in the set that is quite nice. Would like for it to be more, but it is an upgrade over 1 of the UF augs with 4 SD on them.

Clicky seems useful but pales in comparison to the Augs.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Preorder of RoF gets you the Harbinger Staff which has a Shards Landing port as the effect.
Conjurous
Elementalist

Post by Conjurous »

svenalo wrote:Preorder of RoF gets you the Harbinger Staff which has a Shards Landing port as the effect.
Not quite, it ports to CoB but thats near enough i guess.
Arien

Post by Arien »

DO we know where in CoB yet ?

Prolly on the opposite side of the zone, that'd be typical :)

Arien
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

What's up with the augs being Req. 98? Anyone get a reason as to why a prequest rewards isn't usable open receiving?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Potawatomi wrote:What's up with the augs being Req. 98? Anyone get a reason as to why a prequest rewards isn't usable open receiving?
Because it's not really a prequest--it's a "launch event" that's sticking around. There are 95-100 shards you can get in RoF zones. So there are multiple avenues for these items.

In a separate issue to the above quote:
The clicky reward is worthless, imo. I'm not sure why it's a choice since the GH has a port to shard's. Worse, as mentioned above, the pre-order has a CoB clicky so that's 2 ways in.
Last edited by Voragath on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Ah ok, works for me. Probably won't take long for most to get 98 anyway.
Arien

Post by Arien »

CUT and PASTE of my comments on this from Alla's

/quote
Ok lets be clear, I havent done the prequest so wasnt expecting to get anythng when it went live.

But honestly for those that did what on earth were the devs thinking when they decided on the item requirements.

PRE Quest so your target player for the quest is max level 95 and the reward is lev 98 requred !! So you've done the prequest but dont actually
get to use the item ?classic.

People have mentioned before why bother with the lower level shards but now with a 98 required it does really seem even more crazy to me.

And then to pile on the insanity they're leaving the Pre quest active to become a Post quest.......... great i say, i get to have the nice aug anyway,
but really? hardly 'fair' i think.

So why not remove the requirement on the item if you did the quest before release thus are prequest flagged ( and really lets be honest the AUG
isnt a gamebreaker even if you were to have done the prequest at a really low level, the low level games had big boosts before ie defiant gear so 1 cool aug
isnt going to ruin it, and if you want to leave the quest in place for those of us that didnt bother, make the item have the higher 98 or even 100 required level and I'd be happy to get it then.

I also think the ring should be a longer cast time with half the cooldown time but maybe thats just me, not that many people would see the ring as a good option anyway given
the cheepness of gate pots.

Citraka 95 / KittyBeta 100 Beastlord naturally :) /endquote
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Arien wrote:CUT and PASTE of my comments on this from Alla's

/quote

PRE Quest so your target player for the quest is max level 95 and the reward is lev 98 requred !! So you've done the prequest but dont actually
get to use the item ?classic.
It's not a "Pre-Quest." It's a "launch event." Piestro even posted about it:
Piestro wrote:This isn't a pre-quest really. It's just a quest you got early access to.

Here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index ... post-23553