Glorig the Underdog

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
ElemtalRZ
Trial Member

Glorig the Underdog

Post by ElemtalRZ »

I have been camping this guy for my new pet focus earring for a few nights now and haven't been able to spawn him once. I have been killing the trained scorpion, Are these the correct place holders?
Conjurous
Elementalist

Re: Glorig the Underdog

Post by Conjurous »

Seems there is a bug in chelsith atm, alot of named PH aren't popping at all and this named is one of them. I checked on test and found the PHs are "a defeated gladiator" and those don't pop at all on live servers for some reason. Other named have similar problems including the arena one that can drop our 2hb.
Conjurous
Elementalist

Post by Conjurous »

Ok the pet focus guy is in after yesterdays patch and he ain't no pushover, ton of hp, goes immune to spell dmg alot, can take ages to kill. Your merc gonna have mana problems pretty easily on this guy but its worth it when u do kill him. He can drop 2x non visible and 2x armor bits. I killed him once for my bst and also got a range item and BP template, got to go back for my necro sometime as well.
Conjurous
Elementalist

Post by Conjurous »

Seems this guy, "A Huge Mistake" and "The Undefeated Blade" are supposed to be 2 grp mobs. Bit annoying that certain drops are stuck on these mobs only.
Zenbam
Trial Member

Post by Zenbam »

I box a 97 necro, 100 bst and me, 100 Mage with RoF T2 raid pet focus. This guy doesnt spawn off the scorpion, he spawns off the gladiator (sp) in the back room. I was able to tank him with the 3 box set and 2 100 cleric mercs. I only used the shammy and chanter for debuffs. Dropped the new pet focus ear, t3 group chest, 2 spell runes, and a ranged item.

In the building he spawns, there is a back door, with a small area only accessable by going through the building, I setup my camp there. You can go in the hall way from there, and pull the scorpion in the left room without anything adding. Then, you pull either the PH or the named. After that you can pull the scorpion in the room on the right, then the sisscar (sp). There is also a non named mob, with a name that roams from the ramp up, to the other ramp, that can be pulled sigle.

Granted, with my setup, I cant pull a lot, if addes are involved. But this mob was way easier than I expected a T3 named to be. But I was glad to get my new pet focus for my bst, now I just got to get my necro to 100, and get it for him also.

But, if he was designed to need 2 groups, someone failed.
Conjurous
Elementalist

Post by Conjurous »

Don't need to pull the scorpions, they don't assist or aggro. If u use pet to pull u can pull all of the gladiator PH with no problem, only non PHs u need to kill are the snake to the right of where u are camped and the mini named snake who wanders the ramps, apart from that u can pull all 6 defeated gladiators. Only other shissar will assist other shissar so u can also pull the ogre on top floor single as well for chance at free loot.

Just make sure to velocity pet and send him on mob and back off and run back to camp, easy.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

Killed him a couple times yesterday with mage/beast duo plus a couple healer mercs. Long fight, love Surge of Shadow for when he becomes a belly caster.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Nylrem01
Magician

Post by Nylrem01 »

You can set up on the SW of the building the PHers are in, outside, no roamers there as long as you go far enough west. Then just invis and pet pull all the dorfs out, nothing else has social agro with them except other dorfs. EQresource also says that the gladiator on the south side of the building, outside, sitting beside the snake is a PHer as well. So far, I personally have only had named spawn from the roamers through the middle of the bottom floor, yet.

And yes, a lot of hp, probably in the neighborhood of 20 mil. Also, it is not spell immune, at any time. It does become a belly caster though, at I believe like 80%-50% and maybe 30%-10%hp? Something like that. I merc tanked it though, so dealing with it being a belly caster wasn't an issue.
Eaedyilye

Post by Eaedyilye »

I got my pet focus from Glorig tonight. Pet ended up tanking most of the fight because another group members merc tank got killed fairly quickly. As others have said this mob has a ton of hp's and can be resistant.

The fight took a long time but wasn't really that hard, main thing is just be patient. Glorig will die, just not quickly. :mrgreen: