Spell and AA poll results

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Spell and AA poll results

Post by Voragath »

quseio wrote:it could hurt to ask i know i wouldnt be happy at all if someone ignored what i said and kept insisting on something i said a definate answer to. I just think we should stick to things they havent said no to theres lots of stuff that we could want, why annoy the devs?

I want a mage levant but that got shot down i think i didnt ask for it again.

Ive said my piece.
Like they said "no" to endurance regen? http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?i ... ource=Test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :roll:
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

If you have played EQ long enough a lot of the no's have turned into a yes. For instance. Mages healing their pet? No you are not clerics, but we got pet heals. Mages got a call of hero, it was asked for and no one thought we would get it, but we did. Mages wanted mana regen (we still want a good one), but was a no a long time, but when druids started to get it, mages still didn't. Well we are on the path to mana regen. There are so many more but the point is, we didn't ask once, give up because we wanted that, and knew it was needed. We got it eventually.

I would like a levant type spell, why necro's get it I have no idea, but I wouldn't mind that, but a reverse call of hero woudl be higher on my list and others as it was voted for. Does that mean you stop asking for it? Not at all, if another expansion it may make top of the list so keep asking for it, and who knows.

My main complaint is when people say why ask for this or that, and even worse when on the thread on the SoE board we asked for reverse call of hero and the mage corropondent said we shouldn't ask for it. That is the attitude which makes any class stagnate. Hey they said no before stop asking. Like pet heals, or pets not poofing when you invis, or pet poofing when you zone, and the debate back when SoL was the expansion and PoP was in beta the argument mages are a utility class, and many of us said no a DPS class, with a mean pet that can tank blues. Pets had stagnated from Kunark through Velious and into and through all of SoL expansion. It was a hard time being a mage and the class was in decline. A lot of hard work went into the turn around the the 2k bolt that got wizards so upset was brought into the game, and pets conned yellow when you summoned them. The turn around had begun. It was because people did not stop asking and continued to fight for what they believed in.

So ask and continue to ask, but don't ever say stop asking for things. Next expansion ask again, and we will vote and support the list. This is the first time we have been unified on a list by a popular vote and not just some class person pushing their agenda and rewriting history to fit their needs.

Calebe
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Exactly.

During one of the panels one of the devs was asked why something was added to some class (I forget which class)...the response was more or less "when I keep hearing it asked for, I assume its something desired"...
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

ok fine but if we bug the devs for something it should be important imo not only convinience for lazy people, dps dps dps :arrow: and more dps and continued pet sturdiness i think pets are fine, just keep it up with inc lvl

but go ahead ask for reverze coh id like reverse coh to but i want dps more

i wouldnt be surprised at all if they paid a hidden price for endurance regen increased end cost of discs!

they where prolly like ok well give them wht they want but theyre gunna pay for it for example hot disc a cost 1000 end b4 but got bumped up to use end faster

but reverse coh doesnt have such a easy fix theyd have to do a case by case study do we want revse coh working in this zone? what kind of exploits might happen ect ctera

and thats alot of work for a mere convinence
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

You act like we ignored the mana regen and DPS issues all together, when in fact those were repeatedly stated as the most important things to us in addition to big beefy pets out of the box. Having a nice to have in there, or convienence items in there, further don't the list doesn't hurt a thing when we've made it equally clear what our priorities are.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

quseio wrote:
but reverse coh doesnt have such a easy fix theyd have to do a case by case study do we want revse coh working in this zone? what kind of exploits might happen ect ctera

and thats alot of work for a mere convinence
How many times do I have to mention zones are already flagged to allow/disallow CoH? They could easily just use the same flag for reverse CoH.
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

did u ignore what i said? they wouldnt just have to check for :flag allow coh: that theyd have to see if they want REVERSE COH used because it would bypass alot of content

coh is different its bring the new guy in so we dont have to leave spell sur e u can camp there overnight or whatever but who wants to do that and you have to get there in the first place

theyd have to decide case by case zone by zone if they want revser coh there maybe they could do it in zones intended to not have many seeinvise... like say icefall i imagine theres a flag for easy zones.

JUST incase u didnt get my point COH ISNT REVERSE coh its got issues entirely of its own!! it needs to be decided/flagged seperately coh might be ok in one zone but not reverse coh because they dont want people bypassing gate guardian xxxx

sure people can do the monkey flop and merc res but its not fool proof the monk can die, and im sure soe hates that aspect and would disable it if they could u think they want to make it easier ?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

quseio wrote:did u ignore what i said? they wouldnt just have to check for :flag allow coh: that theyd have to see if they want REVERSE COH used because it would bypass alot of content

coh is different its bring the new guy in so we dont have to leave spell sur e u can camp there overnight or whatever but who wants to do that and you have to get there in the first place

theyd have to decide case by case zone by zone if they want revser coh there maybe they could do it in zones intended to not have many seeinvise... like say icefall i imagine theres a flag for easy zones.

JUST incase u didnt get my point COH ISNT REVERSE coh its got issues entirely of its own!! it needs to be decided/flagged seperately coh might be ok in one zone but not reverse coh because they dont want people bypassing gate guardian xxxx

sure people can do the monkey flop and merc res but its not fool proof the monk can die, and im sure soe hates that aspect and would disable it if they could u think they want to make it easier ?
Then they can easily just say "No." And in case you haven't read what we have said, it doesn't hurt us all to ask for it, especially when in addition we clearly have stated our priorities are mana regen, DPS, and beefy pets out of the box. It's not a priority, it's a nice to have. If we never get it fine. If we get it and you don't want to use it, fine again.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

quseio wrote:did u ignore what i said? they wouldnt just have to check for :flag allow coh: that theyd have to see if they want REVERSE COH used because it would bypass alot of content

I didn't ignore it, I just don't personally see the difference between the two in terms of skipping content. There's almost nothing different in terms of what you can skip from reverse Coh and using a rogue or monk to drag a dead mage, rez them, and then have the mage CoH. You have to have the rogue/monk get there anyway for reverse CoH to work. The only exception I can think of offhand is zones where you have to take teleporters to get from one place to another, since you can't drag a corpse through a teleporter (I don't think). Oftentimes these zones have CoH disabled anyway (PoSky comes to mind), and if you went by the idea of RCoH being disabled anywhere CoH is, then it would be fine. For those reasons I don't think it needs a new flag since there's almost nothing that can be done with RCoH that can't already be done with CoH. It just removes some of the hassle.

Anyone who really wants to bypass content with CoH can already, and adding RCoH wouldn't change that. It would, however, make it easier for a mage to join their group that already way deep in a zone, the same way CoH can currently be used to bring those zoning in to the mage way deep in a zone. And let's not forget fellowships and campfires....
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

some u can some u cant iirc it may be a question of connection or z axis i just dont see them ever giveing us it we got mercs cause the games goin down in numbers, they dont want us doing the merc res thing they nerfed the res stick after all but theres not much they can do about it in non raid zones go ahead ask for it me id ask for something we need.

levant would be useful when u get into trouble, rcoh would just be convinence useing your logic that monk can just drag your corpse to the grp or that rogue

Id like to see mages be able to put down a campfire anyone in their group can use