shaman vs enchanter for 2nd toon

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

shaman vs enchanter for 2nd toon

Post by deadman1204 »

Hello
I was thinking about coming back, and considering playing a second character with my mage.
I was considering either a shaman or a enchanter.
Shaman has great buffs, dps, slow, and a little cc (root)
Vs the chanter which has good debuffs, slows, excellent cc, and some pulling.
I wouldn't be charming since I would be running 2 characters.
Which do people think would be a better combo?
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Re: shaman vs enchanter for 2nd toon

Post by Goranothos »

Never played a chanter, but I used to duo with a shammy for a couple of years. We did great together, so I naturally chose shammy when I decided to box. I think it's a great combo. I have a tank merc for the shammy and cleric merc for mage. I prefer this over two cleric mercs, because the tank merc keep the mobs from beating on us when I pull it back to camp, whereas old Jober tanking forces me to keep the two toons out of melee range.
Nelith
Arch Magus

Post by Nelith »

Enchanter. Hands down.

On your Mage, buy a cleric merc. On your Enchanter, buy a tank merc (or caster DPS merc if you want to let your pet do the tanking).

You're missing one huge benefit of the Enchanter: mez.
bobipet
Magician

Post by bobipet »

shaman HAND down ;)
shaman = overtime heal and slow with overtime heal proc is about 15 k per tic with aa's at higher level.

growth buff , add more hp than clr buff + skin combined and stack with all buffs....

very good aa root who last 3 min and land all time (undead ""might"" resist it ).

group heals , try to kill a tier 4 nameds (VOA ) who ae's and hit for 20k with merc clerics healing :lol: good luck on group healing :cry:

lion buff proc, UNITY all time on pet, lassitude line of buffs to keep agro for pet , and the list goes on...

oh yeah i got an enchanter lv 95 also with 3k aa's.

i don't need MEZ since i can solo pull the mob i need (want ) even from a very long pull .......................
Last edited by bobipet on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

As first one i would choose Shammy. It it my primary box. It is a jack of all trades. Solid healers and solid DPSer. Can do either role well in a pinch to help you out depending on what you need at that moment. You have VP for CC or can attempt to heal through extra mob if shammy is second healing class in group. Group recovery as well, if something goes bad, can totem (or AI fires) to drop aggro. Can come back and rez or call teh group back. Much more benefits than a chanter.

Chanter is Mez. If you can't pull or always fight in tight quarters is the only reason I would pick chanter first.

I didn't argue buffs since those could be gotten oog. If you can never find buffs these might be a factor as well but both have nice buff lines.

Note: I have a shammy and a chanter box. Shammy was second box and Chanter is fifth box. I hit keys much much more on the shammy than chanter. It isn't that close IMO but you have to look and see what you might normally group with unless you always just go on your own. That might be a factor is you always have a friend who plays shammy on or vis versa. OR you group with a bard that pulls well and can mez if needed.