DPS increase

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Elentarri
Elementalist

DPS increase

Post by Elentarri »

could anyone tell me of anything else to increses my dps? on raids i chain cast jolt bolt and fickle with rs pet whenver gom procs i also use a fire damage nuke aug in primary and the tonics for fire. i have the aa nuke that is mapped to my hot key for casting. should i be using aa pets when they are up along with fire core and first spire and twincast? i normally save those for big burns, should i instead be using them whenever they are up? any suggestions would be much appreciated
dorfillya
Conjurer

Re: DPS increase

Post by dorfillya »

Elentarri wrote:........should i be using aa pets when they are up along with fire core and first spire and twincast? i normally save those for big burns, should i instead be using them whenever they are up? any suggestions would be much appreciated
It's a bit silly to use them for trash mobs in raids, but, generally speaking, you should always use them when they are up on named mobs, assuming that the swarm pets are not gooing to cause some problems with positioning for the tanks, or that twincast is not going to pull agro from a tank. Some AAs refresh so fast anymore, you can use them twice on the same mob. Poor Pallorax been getting my Host, Flappy, frenzied, first spire, and twincast more than once in most of our fights, especially when on hard mode.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

are you doing double frenzied burnout thing? after boss fight rebuff pet, then hit the pet aa's fortify/pet hot/fb, delayed heal, 2nd spire, pet da(very last because you cant buff after its on) and pocket it. remake a pet for clearing, next boss kill clearing pet, pop out pocketed pet for engage, by now frenzied should be active again to pop when fb runs out from storage.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Most of the activated DPS AAs you should be using on every named. Twincast you can use just about anytime. It's only a 5 min recast so just don't use it a couple of mins before you are ready for named. Use activated AAs during global cool down. Make sure you have all your summoned clickies ready to go and click during global cool down as well.
If the fight is a burst, where you'd normally have mana to spare at the end, don't wait for GoM procs to use RmS. Pop it out as often as you can. That's a major dps increase.

Oh yeah, and use the pet suspend tactic explained above. On Pallorax, I can get 3 FBO's and a few robe clicks in before he's dead, though he's more of an efficiency mob than a burn.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

also, if your the one not doing the parsing, make sure they are assigning you your pet, usually during the fight i do '/pet leader' just so thier parsers automatically assign it to me