Becoming the best that I can

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Laldyen_Mage

Becoming the best that I can

Post by Laldyen_Mage »

Tonight I reached LvL 85. Thought I could play a decent mage until I started reading these forums with some of the tactics you guys preform.. Wanting to become better but not sure how I can. Sitting at 780 AAs right now with almost all my pet defensives out of the way with offensives coming next in line. Any help on strategy on fights would be greatly appreciated.

Right now i spam Torrid sands and Bolt of Molten Scoria every time they come up. Also when GoM procs i cast my RS. Seems like a basic strategy that people use but not sure if it is the most efficient. Just wanting to know other tactics you guys use that works great. Also any tips or tricks that you have figured out would be nice also :D

Laldyen- Erollisi Marr
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Re: Becoming the best that I can

Post by jack96jill »

tackling multiple mobs that would kill your pet - divide and conquer

focus on burning one down as fast as possible, while spitting out aa pets/servants at one or two others to distract them from putting too much dps on your pet. Once youve thinned them down to manageable dps on pet, assist pet on burning down the rest. Sometimes having good offense is better than a good defense.
Laldyen_Mage

Post by Laldyen_Mage »

Hmm never thought about that. Usually if I got adds i would just have pet take all the damage and burn them down one by one. Will have to try that out.

Anything else that you think would help is greatly appreciated
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

jack96jill wrote:tackling multiple mobs that would kill your pet - divide and conquer

focus on burning one down as fast as possible, while spitting out aa pets/servants at one or two others to distract them from putting too much dps on your pet. Once youve thinned them down to manageable dps on pet, assist pet on burning down the rest. Sometimes having good offense is better than a good defense.
This is outstanding advice to get your "A" game going.

Grab a Merc, hit Tosk and go to the Vruten camp. Stand in the corner hall there, and pull the guy on the right by the statue. You'll get 2. Practice your divide and conquer technique. You can bind in Bloodfields for a quick gate and fast run-back. There is another named PH on your left for Griddunk. Pull those guys too. Learn how to position yourself in that corridor so as not to get the guys on the left and the right side.

Once you've mastered that, learn to split that right side up using CoN.

If you can solo this stuff, and learn that basic strategy, you'll be fantastic in the group game, too.

Raid game is a bit different but it boils down to listening to directions, and following them.

Good luck =)
Laldyen_Mage

Post by Laldyen_Mage »

Thanks guys.. Ill be sure to update you to tell you how it goes..

Thanks x100000

Laldyen :D
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

now that you're 85, I would try doing fickle and bolt as your nuke combo and see if that doesn't give you a better return.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Only slightly outdated and still worth reading - http://eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Laldyen_Mage

Post by Laldyen_Mage »

Great ill be sure to mem Fickle blaze to see how that works

Also read the write up Zacatac had and i thought that was really great.. Learned a lot from that honestly.

Thanks for the input guys.. very much appreciated :D
Laldyen_Mage

Post by Laldyen_Mage »

Okay been testing the ''divide and conquer'' tactic and I've been doing really well with it.. During Lessons runs in Thal I would grab a couple and have fluffy tank 1-2 and then chain cast RS to take on extra. Seems to work really well.. If thats not the right way please let me know.

Also started Nuke Weaving and im overly impressed. Works really great and dps is going up considerably. Just wanting 1 more instant clicky nuke (just using paradox atm)..

Overall your suggestions have helped me considerably.. Always welcome to more :D

Thanks
Laldyen :)
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Something that can increase DPS greatly, though isn't something you can really do by yourself, is hasting RS pets. I usually do my lesson grinds in gyrospire beza with a chanter. I warn the chanter when I'm about to send in a RS, and then immediately after casting RS the chanter hastes it. It usually does around 50% damage to one of those clockworks before it poofs.