Leveling alts

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
baldil

Leveling alts

Post by baldil »

I have a 85mage1500aa's and 85shaman 2500 aa's. been helping dad lvl up his toons more.
and makes him happy grouping with his kid and all but i am blah at PLing all the time but want to advance him in lvls and do different stuff now and then so i dont' get burnt out.

all of his toons that he wants to get lvled up are mid 75 and higher. geared pretty badly also.

I have managed to get his mage (which i made him pick for main now) 85 and T9 flagged fully so he has been getting some good gear and all. but his other toons are lacking majorly

What is best zone for me to get his other toons lvled easiest he not care about aa's really because he will get them soloing or boxing his self when i am not on in Loping plains or soemthing. pretty much want a place or places to get exp for him and change of area for me
Msha
Magician

Re: Leveling alts

Post by Msha »

Thalassius or Beza. Levels will fly by.
Msha Flamethrower
85 Magician
Wind of Tranquility
Antonius Bayle Server
baldil

Post by baldil »

Thalassius i am not sure about this zone i have gone there a few times and mass slaughtered and there was little gain over all and its very boring i have gone to the very bottem or end whatever want to call it... i hear people say go there alot but over all not impressed... and beza i go do instants as there is no compatition but there again very repetative.

Thanks for input tho
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Did you take the mage solo (no merc either) or did you take another toon(s) or a merc with you? The trick to thalassius is to just use you and your pet and kill all the mobs on the east side using the two bane nukes, use RS when GoM procs to pull another mob and have RS beating on it until your pet is done with his mob(s). Rinse and repeat while using lesson. I nab 9-10aa's per run with lesson and that's in the instance (which has a zem almost equal to the static zone in it's current hotzone incarnation).
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Mech Guardian or Beza will be your best bet.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Also if you're really looking to PL the toons don't be grouped with them, don't nuke (at least don't do more damage with nukes than the person you're PLing), and then right before the mob dies reclaim your pet. Unless they've changed this in the last few years (which they may have) any damage your pet did won't be attributed to you, and the person being PLed will get the experience. I find this works best in large outdoor areas with mobs that run (maybe loping planes or hills of shade).