What do I do with my plat?

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

What do I do with my plat?

Post by Merlaina »

Ok, so I've finally hit 85, geared myself up in either the best possible bazaar gear or raid gear, gotten all my spells, etc.

And then I realize that I'm still crafting and selling spells the same as I ever was and have no idea what I'd USE this pp for. This is new for me, since my entire EQ career I was usually strapped for cash, so I don't know what to do with what I have now. I still need a few faycite shards, but that's still some faction grinding away. I'm working on maxing tradeskills, but my guild has been great about saving and then giving out tradeskill supplies to those working on them, so I don't expect I'll need much in that regard.

What do people do with their cash?
Baramos
Conjurer

Re: What do I do with my plat?

Post by Baramos »

Not much. It's a "bummer". The EQ economy is pretty much flatlined due to player population, and the fact of all the no-drop.

I really wish they would reconsider this whole no-drop business. I've played on FV and it didn't wreck a thing.

On some servers people use their plat to buy OMM taskadds or UF taskadds - those can siphon plat depending on what it is you're aiming for.

Otherwise, unless you're leveling up tradeskills or paying outrageous farmer prices for spongy loams or immaculate whatevers, there isn't much to do with platinum these days.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Save it for when the next expansion comes out and stuff shows up you want in the bazaar again. Or for when you finally track down some rare item you've wanted "just because".
Trazadone

Post by Trazadone »

Use plat to buy loot rights to no-trade items. If you offer enough plat, people will actively farm items for you hoping for a payout. IE: i've offered 150k before for loot rights to a beza zonewide rare drop....ended up paying 250k for it ;)
https://eq.magelo.com/profile/1776429" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Give it to me. :mrgreen:

I've don't believe I've ever had more than about 300Kpp at any one time throughout my entire EQ life. The reason for that really is because I have about 15 characters to gear and buy spells for as well as I recently had 4 RL friends that returned from EQ2/WoW and/or whatever game they were off playing and I've been twinking them out.

Also, I guess it hurts the bank account when you tend to give stuff away to guildies instead of tossing them on your trader.

I guess if not for the above, I'd have a ton of cash too. I have given away in excess of 500K pp over the last couple of months.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

dump a couple handfuls into a sock and club orc pawns with it
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

I had 2 RL friends pay the server transfer fee ($50 each) to come join me. I gave them 500k each as compensation. ;)

But I also have reached that point of not needing money, so why bother? I often xp without looting corpses. I hardly ever do tradeskills now unless it is by request. Why bother spending hours making things to sell if you don't need the money?

The cost of mercs for myself and my other toons, the cost of aug swapping, occasionally having to buy a new type 3 aug (because you have to destroy them instead of moving them), potions and pearls. That's about it really.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Well it looks like my wife has decided to start playing again, and she's about to hit 81, so I'll be getting her a full set of cultural. That should solve my cash overflow problem for a bit. :lol: