Where are People Soloing in UF?

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Shardin
Conjurer

Re: Where are People Soloing in UF?

Post by Shardin »

fyi, mages aren't a solo class, we are a molo class... so the real question is, where are mages molo'ing in UF?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Shardin wrote:fyi, mages aren't a solo class, we are a molo class... so the real question is, where are mages molo'ing in UF?
We are both, actually. With a merc you can obviously do more, and throughout SOD the bulk of the zones could be done without a merc healing the pet if you had a decent focus and a lot of pet AA's (and a significant number if you didn't have one or the other of that). In UF, the pure solo spots are much reduced, but they also exist. However, to me, solo or molo is splitting hairs - if the question is "Where can you go without other players or assorted boxed toons if UF?" then there are a lot of places. If I have to pop out a merc or not I don't much care.
Danille

Post by Danille »

I think your all on drugs. Necros can solo mobs in UF. (without a merc) There is no way a mage can and have the time/exp worthwhile.
Forte

Post by Forte »

Shardin wrote:fyi, mages aren't a solo class, we are a molo class... so the real question is, where are mages molo'ing in UF?
I assume that what you mean is that mages can't solo easily in UF; in most of the zones I would agree, but being able to just mow down mobs isn't always the point. Soloing in UF isn't really about grinding or gearing up - it's about showing what you can do with your knowledge and experience, and keeping your skills sharp for the times when you won't have a merc, and things are not going according to plan.

Moloing has its uses, but moloing when you don't need to is a bad idea. It will degrade your skills, and if you are never soloing, you will be hurting yourself and, eventually, those you group with.

I would never grind in UF, since it is indeed inefficient to do so. But I will continue to solo there if only to showcase my class, just as I will be soloing in HoT. ;)
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Post by Tacoma2586 »

you are correct were all on drugs :) but it all depends on your gear pet focus aa count etc because i can solo uf and make it worth-while but now its goin off topic this whole second page so o well :)

Danille

Post by Danille »

There is a big difference between 'soloing" and being able to take down a mob without a merc or anyone's help. The term soloing, implies that you are playing the game an accomplishing experience gain, progression, or quests. Mages cannot solo effectively in UF period.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Danille wrote:There is a big difference between 'soloing" and being able to take down a mob without a merc or anyone's help. The term soloing, implies that you are playing the game an accomplishing experience gain, progression, or quests. Mages cannot solo effectively in UF period.
Really. So I guess I didn't do lots of those UF tasks I recall doing alone in Grotto, BR, LC, Fungal, Husk, Convo, and so on. I must have dreamt it all. Yeah, that's it. The last year has been all a dream.

Just because YOUR experience has been that YOU cannot solo effectively does not mean that it cannot be done. It can be done and many of us are able to do it...many other can't. Why the difference? Maybe some has to do with gear; some has to do I am sure with play style and willingness to push the comfort zone to find possibilities...who knows. The fact remains, however, that it is possible to do - just because you can't do it doesn't change that.

I can't buy a Lamborghini or an executive jet. I can't run a four minute mile or scale Everest. I can't strap myself into a rocket and launch myself to the moon. But these things ARE doable by some even though I can't do them myself. To say they are totally impossible to accomplish is baloney - some have found a way and are able to do so even though I can not.

Soloing in UF is exactly the same kind of thing. Just because you can't or haven't found a way does not make it an impossibility.
Danille

Post by Danille »

There is no way you are soloing without a merc in these places. You specificly state that your moloing!
svenalo wrote:In BR just about anywhere and anything.
In CC the goos, sometimes the undead or the odd traitor.
In Grotto all over the place except right past the BR zone and right past the UQ zone - hard to get singles there for some reason.
In Foundation at the zone in, or in a tunnel entrance.
In Arth by that dwarf near the Fungal zone, picking off ants by the farms, etc.
In UQ in badgerland, sometimes down the tunnel into golem territory.
In Fungal all over the place.
In LC all over the place.
In BT nowhere - can't get singles there to save my life.
In Kernagir up in the passages on walls - can usually get singles.
In Husk not too many places - are only a handful of spots I found I can get singles. One is near the gnolls/kobolds, another is near the bubbling spring, and right at the zone in from Arth.
In Convo right down the ramp from zone in, in a couple spots over by the gnolls/kobolds, in the passages in the upper area, in the room where the end of the Delth event is you can do some of those.

This is with an EM8 air pet, max aa's, cleric merc, just self buffs and whatever the merc tosses on. I can do some of the named as well...but for others I need to bring my cleric bot along to spam cures or whatever while the merc keeps the pet up, and of course there are some named I just haven't found a way to do alone (like the greken named in LC).
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Danille wrote:There is no way you are soloing without a merc in these places. You specificly state that your moloing!
svenalo wrote:<...list of places omitted...>
This is with an EM8 air pet, max aa's, cleric merc, just self buffs and whatever the merc tosses on. I can do some of the named as well...but for others I need to bring my cleric bot along to spam cures or whatever while the merc keeps the pet up, and of course there are some named I just haven't found a way to do alone (like the greken named in LC).
True. I do all that with a merc, but basing your complaint on that when I stated in a later post I don't discriminate between with merc or without - it's all the same to me - is ridiculous. There are places in that list that I can do without a merc as I said in that later post. Most of those spots are in tier 6, but there are some in tier 7 and 8 as well. Are you now going to tell me it isn't soloing if I went out after the raid with a raid buffed pet? Or stopped in the guild lobby first for a bunch of buffs?

And besides...
Danille wrote:And unless your maxed on AA's with Tower raid focus, your not soloing anywhere in UF.
...you already stated in this thread it was possible to do with the gear setup I said I had.
Danille

Post by Danille »

nice try.