85 and months to AA

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
dduble07
Elementalist

85 and months to AA

Post by dduble07 »

Well I just made level 85 tonight! Grats me everyone!!!!....And since there is months to the new expansion I am hoping to get many more aa's I currently have 615 and dont feel too good yet. I often solo/w a merc, and I wanted to know what the best zones and camps are for a level 85 Magician with a Tier 5 merc, in full T4 or t5 sod group gear.
dduble07
Elementalist

Re: 85 and months to AA

Post by dduble07 »

I dont care what zones or content its in, I just want the best aa exp possible at my level.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Valdeholm and Frostcrypt are both hotzones and you can get extra exp tasks from NPC in PoK
Ottaro
Elementalist

Post by Ottaro »

Yep, if your lazy or feel on a time crunch stick to hotzones.
If you have time to test, then find zones that have dark blues you can mow down quickly with your prefered pet. Can't suggest anywhere since your pet focus/equipement/AAs will all make a good place for you but not for me and vice versa.

I used Allah with the zones by level. Tried 5 levels or so below me zones from oldest expansion to newest. Older the better, obviously, less HP, less DPS mobs. Dungeons have ZEM exp, so i'd try those first.

Good luck and Gratz on 85!
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Mech Guardian is quite good AA exp, especially if you have Annihilate the Anomalous and Theft of Essence AA. In Mech guard you are fighting pretty much all robot/construct model mobs so both of those abilities work on them. You can get instances with you, your merc, and 1 other person that last from 6 hours (grp task) or 12 hours for a zone that repops and you can get named to spawn in. If Mech Guard is too hard for you then SHIP or BEZA/ZEKA are quite good exp also.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

How many AA's are we talking about per lesson burn in MG? I went there a couple of times and was not impressed.

Even to this day, when I lesson burn, I go back to good ole Katta elementals. I can still get 5-6 AA's per lesson on those buggers if I push it.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I don't burn lesson and really don't go anywhere to exp b/c its boring to me imho. But a weekend or 2 ago I was farming AC augs for my alt by that beetle named and the AA exp was going quite nicely. With 2 mages there it was really nice exp, b/c we were pulling 7 to 10 mobs at a time and burning them down.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Sillaen wrote:How many AA's are we talking about per lesson burn in MG? I went there a couple of times and was not impressed.

Even to this day, when I lesson burn, I go back to good ole Katta elementals. I can still get 5-6 AA's per lesson on those buggers if I push it.

I've had 15-18 aa burns in MG with a monk or SK, myself, and 2 merc clerics.....mass pulling 5-10 at a time. For those kind of groups i'll drop the AtA line and just chain beam spells into the mass of mobs.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Redius wrote:
Sillaen wrote:How many AA's are we talking about per lesson burn in MG? I went there a couple of times and was not impressed.

I've had 15-18 aa burns in MG with a monk or SK, myself, and 2 merc clerics.....mass pulling 5-10 at a time. For those kind of groups i'll drop the AtA line and just chain beam spells into the mass of mobs.
That's a little different. AE groups will always land you tons of AAs as long as the tank can stand up to it. I was talking solo. While I can stack 15 - 20 elementals on my pet without a second thought, you can't do that in MG.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

ah, my mistake. For solo exp, I can break LP (worg/orc with quests added in) or DSH (brownies) for 7-8 aa's a run....assuming you've got no competition for spots. I need about 2 mobs a minute for 30 minutes straight to get those kind of totals, and depending on how many folks are in the zone, it's not always feasible.