Looking for something to do!

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Brie

Looking for something to do!

Post by Brie »

I'm not max level yet, but since this isn't really a "where to level" post, I thought I'd put it here. :)

I'm 87 with just over 1k AA, on the slow path to 90 since I play pretty casually. I do have a great guild that helps with HoT missions, and the experience comes very fast. I figured at 90 I'd have the big damage Spear and access to some of the t4 stuff since I'm flagged., and that'll balance out my AA count, heh. Here's my EQplayers profile, sorry I don't have a magelo.

So I'm realizing... while I work my way up, there is a huge amount of content in earlier expansions that I haven't explored. I just recently finished Bayle's Heraldic Crest in Oceangreen, which gave me something to do that was challenging and fun. DoN and OOW's progression looks neat for the alternate abilities it unlocks, so that's on my list as well.

What I'm looking for is something to work on in the older game with a decent reward for the time. (Or heck, it doesn't have to be decent... just cool.) That could mean quests, camping something, old raids, that kind of thing. Any mage specific items or quest lines that are worth doing? I'm not really concerned about experience since HoT provides that for me. Just looking for something fun to do in content I missed on the mad rush to 80+. :lol:

Thanks
Taron
Taron, 87 Mage, Nameless
Sigil of the Dragon
~Sigils~
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Re: Looking for something to do!

Post by Goranothos »

I hate EQ players profiles, so I never click on them (Magelo FTW), *but*....have you done the Jonas Dagmire Skeletal Hand aug quest yet? How about the Wanderlust charm aug? The wanderlust aug is kinda lackluster now, but you said you like quests and exploring older content...
Brie

Post by Brie »

Thanks, Goranthos. Sorry about the EQplayers. It's not my favorite thing either. :P I've done the JDSH, yep. But the Wanderlust thing I haven't done. Even if I don't use it for my mage, I have a bazillion alts to play with... :D
Taron, 87 Mage, Nameless
Sigil of the Dragon
~Sigils~
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Well, the wanderlust aug is a charm aug...which are kinda hard to get. You can click on my magelo to see the final stats (75/75 and some stats, IIRC). It's kinda fun to do...involves a lot of running around. I died a couple of times while doing it, cause I was drinking and doing stupid stuff. ;-)
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

Face aug in SoF, the dark soul crystal, blood of the fallen, rallosian figurine those are SoD. Do not underestimate the bonuses from DoN and MPG trials (most soloable). There are dozens of clickies DoDH has a ton, DA, shrink etc. If you really want a feel for something do the BiC aug, it is a pita and you will remember it for a long time lol. Real fun thing to do is goto Sverge? and solo the rotating bosses there, some good raid augs from there.

May the elements guide and protect you.