Question: CoA?

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Question: CoA?

Post by Sillaen »

So, I've not actually gone here since mercs so my questions is, do I still need 6 people to zone into Anguish and if so, will 3 peeps + 3 mercs count? I want to go farm some augs for my cleric and maybe a couple more for me that I don't have.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Re: Question: CoA?

Post by Darkenr »

If I recall correctly (my account has been cancelled for a couple months now though because of buying a house and being too busy atm, so I may be wrong) Mercs are still not allowed to join in any instanced raid zones. They are allowed in any instanced group content now though, and count toward the numbers for that.

Yes, it still requires 6 people to grab the instance, and I believe only 3 people to maintain. Depending on your gear you should be able to handle the aug mobs just fine. I did it recently before I quit last time with just a baby shaman (lvl 75) healing + my promised line of heals for healing (without slows btw just for testing purposes). But I also have nearly full pet defensive AAs, and EMIV pet focus.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Yeah, not worried about killing the mobs, that should be easy enough. I know mercs aren't allowed in the instance itself, but can they be used to pick it up?
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

im 97.089% sure mercs cant be used to get the instance.

but i might be wrong!
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
happosaai

Post by happosaai »

I can confirm, mercenaries are not counted as group/raid members when requesting the CoA instances. Just went in recently for an orb run and had to get real people instead of just a couple friends + mercs.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

oddly enough, mercs DO count for some raid instances (DoN raids are one such instance). So it's pretty much a case by case basis.
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

Redius wrote:oddly enough, mercs DO count for some raid instances (DoN raids are one such instance). So it's pretty much a case by case basis.
Mercs also *used* to count for raid Dynamic Zones (tasks are different). Back when I was boxing Maggotmiser, I originally was able to get the instance with 3 toons and their mercs. The mercs obviously couldn't zone in but were just there for player requirements. A few months ago this changed and it would no longer recognize them for the Demiplane instance. Not sure if it's a universal change...
dduble07
Elementalist

Post by dduble07 »

Alright so i am a level 84 mage and i have an 81 necro friend we want to get some nice augs. Anyway are mercs allowed? and could we take the aug mobs with a level 81 air pet tanking with void D focus and 2 tier 4 merc clerics? If merc's are not allowed we could get a level 81 cleric friend. So could the pet tank while the PC cleric healed him. We all have mostly sod grp gear. The necro and I have a lil over 600 AA's and the cleric has 450 AA's
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

dduble07 wrote:Anyway are mercs allowed?
No.

Could you do it? Probably, though i'd stick to the aug mini's if I were you.
Last edited by Redius on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

dduble07 wrote:Alright so i am a level 84 mage and i have an 81 necro friend we want to get some nice augs. Anyway are mercs allowed? and could we take the aug mobs with a level 81 air pet tanking with void D focus and 2 tier 4 merc clerics? If merc's are not allowed we could get a level 81 cleric friend. So could the pet tank while the PC cleric healed him. We all have mostly sod grp gear. The necro and I have a lil over 600 AA's and the cleric has 450 AA's
Cleric mercs are NOT allowed in any raid instance. If you can get it into the instance, than it's bugged. (I have not been able to get a cleric merc to get into anguish). The mercs CAN be used to get the instance though.

As far as taking the aug mobs... Now this is assuming you have all of your pet tanking AAs completed (Hp, Avoidance, and Mitigation AAs for the pet). With the cleric, you could most definitely take the aug mobs, and it will be pretty easy. Without the cleric, if you don't have your Promised Rejuvenation to get some good heals off on your pet, you may struggle, but between you two, you may have enough DPS to burn it down before it gives you too much of an issue.

So, to be safe the first time, bring the cleric. If you find that it's a cakewalk with the cleric, than next time try going without. :mrgreen: