Recommend zone for AAs

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Enocha
Magician

Recommend zone for AAs

Post by Enocha »

I currently burn Lesson in Zeka or Zeka instance. Mage is max (for the most part) raid geared and has all relevant AAs, but 3 box bard and cleric and they need lots more (cleric and bard are both max group geared). In Zeka I can kill 36 DB mobs in 30 minutes with the three toons, which is about 5.5 AAs each. Bard pulls and sings (does not mellee), cleric tosses hot on pet, hammer, reverse DS, and then nukes, so mage does most of the direct DPS.

Any other suggestions for camps appreciated (maybe with this setup that's about all I can expect). Thanks!!!!
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Recommend zone for AAs

Post by Piemastaj »

Try doing The Mech Guardian that roams around DSH. The best floor is the top most floor by the named beetle who drops the AC aug. The mobs are closer together then Zeka, and are higher lvl but not much tougher then zeka if they are tougher that is. They are however grouped closer together so that u get more triple and quad pulls if u pulled with the mage, but with a bard it would be no problem.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Enocha
Magician

Post by Enocha »

Cool, I'll try Mech Guardian. I tried last night but those instances are still broken. Thanks for the recomendation.
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

How come you don't send in the bard? Bards put out an appreciable amount of damage. Get your Dirge of the Sleepwalker for the bard, great mez aa that lasts 1 minute.
I use hot keys for the bard exclusively and makes it very easy to box.

/assist merleena

or add a few extra lines for specific aa's

/pause 50
/alt activate <fierce eye aa>

/pause 50
/alt activate <quicktime>

I am looking for somewhere else now to 3 box as Zeka is starting to come to me in dreams I have done it so many times. haha
Image Image
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

i assume they dont send in the bard because it would steal aggro from pet as soon as it enters melee range. and the mage wants pet to tank.. i guess your not using mercs? if you were using a tank merc in there i would absolutely send the bard in.. if your using a tank merc and NOT sending the bard in, your wasting time/exp/pp/etc.

-MeatnPotatoes
Erolissi Marr Server
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

anyone have any suggestions for those that are not boxing at 85?
I dont have any raid gear, t4/t5 armor
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Thallasus (while still a hotzone)
Loping plains
Brownies in DSH
MG, FM, Beza, Zeka where you can use the AtA line.

Real question is what is your pet focus? Assuming EM2 maybe EM3, you should be able to mow those area's down.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

i have em4 (got lucky and did memorial mission for it
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I'm partial to the roof of Beza. Get the teleport clicky (I think it's called gyrospire relocation device) and you can port straight to the roof of either beza or zeka. Aside from the 3 packs by the catapults it's pretty easy to single pull stuff. Once you have theft of essence maxed it's pretty easy to solo there without a cleric merc, but not so easy that it's boring. What I usually do is pull all the solo mobs I can, and then once I'm down to the 3 packs I pop the cleric merc, take those out until I start getting respawns, and then pocket the merc again and resume single pulling. Respawn time is 22 minutes, so once my lesson gets down to 9 minutes I go ahead and stop and med back up before the respawns.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

where could i find out about the roof of beza, ive never been to there or zeka