What to kill just to say you have done it

Things to do once you've hit the max level cap.
Eandori Raintree
Elementalist

Re: What to kill just to say you have done it

Post by Eandori Raintree »

Since I'm a solo mage (never raid anymore, almost never group) I simply don't have the raid gear or AA to compete with you guys. But just the same I love going to solo old world raid mobs. I've done this for my entire career too. When I was level 50 and Kunark had JUST come out, I was blasting through level 30 zones wasting the top bosses. When POP was out and I finally got my Earth staff for Epic pet (after trying for 2 years) I stayed at level 60/61 (went back and forth for quite a while so mobs stayed dark blue) and my main hangout was places like the Ghoul Lord in Lower Guk and Efreeti in Sol B.

I spent a LARGE amount of time staying at level 76 (notice from my outdated signature below) I was cruising around taking out old raid mobs. I soloed the fire elemental for my mage Epic 1.5, most of the VP dragons (the only ones I didn't kill I never even tried), I even almost solo'd Innoruuk in Plane of Hate but I must have taken too long because he suddenly despawned at 20% when I was WINNING.

I did the same type of thing at level 81 for a long time. I killed many different POP bosses like Terris Thule, Grummus, Saryn, all tower bosses in BoT. Lots of Kunark/Velious/Luclin bosses like all the Ssra mobs I tried (all 3 Rhag, etc.), Sontalak, Klandikar, Derakor, Seru, Severelious, The Fabled Kelorek'Dar, Lord Yelinak and all the Skyshrine bosses, cleared Plane of Growth a few times, Thall Va Kelun in Vex Thal, etc.

MANY MANY MANY of the targets I have been trying and trying to kill are NEVER up. Examples are Woushi, Nearly every VT boss (which is why the only one I have killed is Thall Va Kelun), Tormax, Trakanon, etc. Seems that lots of others are either equipping twinks or taking out old grudges just like I am.

Something to mention about this whole experience is for any of those targets they are always the hardest on your first attempt. On next attempts you can dial in your spell set and tactics for that exact fight. When I first started to solo Silverwing in VP at level 76 (NOT easy at 76, I challenge others to try it). I had to use my entire mana pool and even refresh via Staunch Recovery Veteran AA and ending nearly OOM again. But after killing Silverwing like 11 times I finally got the tactic down to where I could bring that beast down on a single mana pool.

Now the problem is, with my VERY limited play time I have so much trouble finding these mobs up that on most of them I have only ever gotten 1 shot at them. No time to refine the tactic. Personally I think the LONGEST respawn timer on any raid mob should be 1 day. The rest should come down to like 4 hours or so. It really sucks having SO MUCH OLD CONTENT in EQ, but all the good and challenging old stuff is always dead. I have no idea who that really benefits. 7 day respawn timer in VT? Seriously people. Sony change that pls.

:)
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

Yeah spawn timers are pointless at a week even 4 days is a lil much. I camped Seru for 2 month before I got his timer he gets farmed so fast. Never seen a VT boss other than giant x3. Would be nice to see some of these mobs alive. Well so I could kill them lol.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

Failcon wrote:Yeah spawn timers are pointless at a week even 4 days is a lil much. I camped Seru for 2 month before I got his timer he gets farmed so fast. Never seen a VT boss other than giant x3. Would be nice to see some of these mobs alive. Well so I could kill them lol.
Yeah. VT is a little hard for getting anything. People have mage bots camped at the various camps and just CoH people directly to the mob.

Then you have to remember you're usually competing with people using warp hacks, too.