everquest 3 announced

Anything about anything goes here.
quseio
Elementalist

everquest 3 announced

Post by quseio »

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 475&ref=mf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

anyone got more info i cant hear what their saying my speakers aint working

anyway i hope its like this lvls and stuff like eq but with some more skill based differention in the form of subclasses just really more specializeation andlore and stuff like say a warrior could become a samurai they get more criticals and stuff and have access to samurai armor
nothing huge but to add flavor

subclasses would invovle alot of questing , i imagine thered be some reason other than not wanting to quest to stay non subclassed in some form of skill bonus or something
no tethering pls mobs dont have to run after us forever but make it a good distance

raids at least id like it to be 4 groups but preferably 6 getting so many people together can be hard, but maybe some few ultra nasty mobs that req multiple guilds to kill it, not for any gear thats much much more powerful than other raid gear but looks cool or u get some special ability

some targeting of spots on a mob say a arm or leg doing dmg to those parts would effect it in certain ways , say you target its eyes which is a small target and harder to hit or does less damage over all but it causes the mob to be less accurate and so on

Heres an example of what id like to see in eq3 Dragon disciples like in baldurs gate kind of they could be either casters or melee /hybridit would be a very skill based "class" i always wanted to see dragondisciples as a class

youl could invest in their breath weapon, and scales for armor and various dragony attributes melee could add their element tot heir weapons dmg
Kelno
Conjurer

Re: everquest 3 announced

Post by Kelno »

Dragon disciples like in baldurs gate
what?

are you talking about the wretched abortion of the console BG games?
Man will never be free. (until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest)
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

no the computer game.. i useualy had the kobold become a dragon disciple the one line the hero has oh great a kobold with wings is lol
Kelno
Conjurer

Post by Kelno »

that never happened in baldur's gate.
Man will never be free. (until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest)
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

u sure wasnt it baldurs gate 2 ? maybe i was thinking of nwn.. lemee check..
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

ah sorry it was nwn shadows of underintide my bad :D hes hillarious especially with jan and minsc andin the party
Kelno
Conjurer

Post by Kelno »

...and jan in minsc were not in nwn.
Waylor

Post by Waylor »

Honestly, I would prefer them to stick with a story line and quit putting in things just to put in things. Gates and Omens in my opinion do not fit the story/fantasy world in the very least.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Waylor wrote:Honestly, I would prefer them to stick with a story line and quit putting in things just to put in things. Gates and Omens in my opinion do not fit the story/fantasy world in the very least.
The storyline for SoD involved discord as well. I think it works fine, especially having read the riftwar books. :)
quseio
Elementalist

Post by quseio »

been a long time i could of sworn it minsc was in it... anyway jan and minsc had da funniest conversations

how does omens theme not fit? its just eq on a heagvy metal acid trip... and discord was around from day one in the priests so should we ignore them ?