*graphic pics* Mama called the doctor and the doctor said...

Anything about anything goes here.
najiwench
Grand Summoner

*graphic pics* Mama called the doctor and the doctor said...

Post by najiwench »

no more monkeys jumping on the bed!

the story..It's 7:30 and I tell the kids to start getting ready for bed...pick out their clothes for tomorrow, brush hair and teeth, take vitamins, pick out a story and a movie, etc. I go to the bathroom where I proceed to take care of business after telling them for the third time to settle down and get ready for bed. I hear the crash and listen for the scream...screaming is good, it means nobody's unconscious. Blood curdling scream. Ok...then I hear my 9 year old say "I'll go get a paper towel"..crap..that means there's blood.

I finish up and go out, the 6 year old has blood dripping down her face...we put a wet paper towel on it and oh yeah..that's gonna need stitches.

3 hours in the ER..6 stitches later (1 internal, 5 external)...*sigh* I love my kids.

Apparently she was jumping on my bed, and went to turn up the television and bounced off, smacking her head on a clothes baskt. The weird thing is that she hit the handle, no sharp edges, it's just rubbermaid plastic...she happene to just hit it at the riht angle with the right amount of force to lay her head open to the bone.
Siggy by Eireann
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: *graphic pics* Mama called the doctor and the doctor said...

Post by Tweelis »

Cool battle wound. It'll only take 500 more before she learns what it means to settle down.
najiwench
Grand Summoner

Post by najiwench »

Yeah, she said "I'm never gonna jump on the bed again"

10 minutes later, I walk in to catch her leaping from their dresser onto the top bunk :roll:
Siggy by Eireann
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

youchie!

im glad shes ok

shes cute too!
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Sirulus Delon

Post by Sirulus Delon »

Hehe she looks like she is none the worse for the wear. Actually she looks rather relaxed (some kids remain with the scared look on their faces). Tell her to stay away from balconies. Trust me, she doesn't want those scars (I have them).

-§ir
najiwench
Grand Summoner

Post by najiwench »

Z0MG! Sir!
Siggy by Eireann
Sirulus Delon

Post by Sirulus Delon »

I have a scar on my chin (the only thing I would allow the doc to stitch) one on my thigh and one (once huge) where my collar meets my neck. Had I leaned over or anything just a tad bit, I would have sliced my carotid artery... What happened? I'll tell ya! First of all, they called me and those that remember, still call me Superman heh. One day during my senior year of HS I got really incredibly bored. So, we were hanging out in our auditorium and I got this bright idea to jump from the balcony. So I hung off the side then let go. No big deal. I did it again; no big deal still. The last time I stood on the railing and jumped. Now before I give you the outcome let me just say, one should really study angles of trajectory and the like because it saves you the annoyance/pain/etc in the end.

So as I jumped I realized that I had jumped away from the 'safe' area and ended up landing on this metal grating (kind of a mesh pattern) that was over a 5 foot pit. I stood on it for like 2 seconds at which point I was like, "Yeah I..." SNAP! The thing broke in two, and that's how I got my scars. I was in shock (and aware of it too heh) but for a split second after it happened one of my buddies went to help me out of the pit and I heard myself say in a very demonic voice, "Don't bleeping touch me". Then I climbed out of the pit and after 20 minutes of them pleading with me, I let them tell the school security so they could get me an ambulance. Just to give you an idea of how messed up I was, I had to use the bathroom so when I asked to use the bathroom they asked did I have to go 1 or 2. I said I uh, don't know. 2 minutes later I remembered so I called them again and they gave me the thing you pee in. Then I asked, "Uh, how do you pee?".

About 15 minutes into the hospital stay and I had to puke. They put the basin near my head and because I was so out of it I didn't sit up to puke, I just puked over my shoulder. BAD idea. It hurt like hell. On to why I only let them stitch my chin...

First, the ride to the hospital sucked. I swear they hit every bump they could find on the way to the thing and then they threw me in rather rudely. I hit my head on the back wall. The doctor who did my x-ray had me lean up against this wall thing so they could xray my collar bone to ensure it was not broken but he kept pushing it away. I said if he moved it again I would 'f' him up. He stopped but I was still pissed. Then as I passed out again, I woke to find myself in a hospital room. The doctor that came in was way too f'in chipper and wanting to stitch me up. I was saying no no no no don't you f'in touch me. Finally this girl came in and said, he doesn't want you to stitch him so leave him be. He told her why I should be stitch and I relented. I said I would let him stitch my chin and ONLY my chin if she stayed in the room to make sure he didn't touch my neck. I then passed out again. I got released about a day or 2 later.

Flushing HS 1.jpg
Flushing HS 2.jpg
-§ir
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
najiwench
Grand Summoner

Post by najiwench »

geez...you're quite the lucky one LOL
Siggy by Eireann