Dragon Age Origins

Anything about anything goes here.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: Dragon Age Origins

Post by Sillaen »

Goranothos wrote: In the same sense, I doubt any other MMO will ever equal EQ1 (my 1st MMO, and I'm still playing). WoW only held my attention for a month. The only MMO that *might* equal EQ1 (to me) would be a Starcraft MMO (done right).
You made it far. EQ2 held my attention for about 2 hours and WoW for about 30 mins. That was about it.

Guess I should check out this DAO game.
nako
Conjurer

Re: Dragon Age Origins

Post by nako »

If you do buy it, don't upgrade to 1.03, find the 1.02a patch from filefront, gamershell, gamespot, or wherever. The latest patch (v1.03) is incredibly unstable for quite a few people (there's a 10 page dev thread and a 50+ page bug report thread at the bioware forums). I played through it twice with 1.01 and 1.02 and crashed maybe 2-3 times total, after 'upgrading' to 1.03 I was crashing every 10 minutes. Dev's are still in denial and, according to different sources, "it's being looked into" or "there's nothing wrong here, move along".

You won't be able to play Awakening or the newest DLC without 1.03, so use 1.02 until you feel the need for it, and hopefully it'll be sorted by then.

-nako/saryrn