Mass Effect

Anything about anything goes here.
Remodius
Grand Summoner

Mass Effect

Post by Remodius »

is the coolest game ever.

That is all.

Except now I see there will be a ME:2 very soon, so thusly I must finish my ME game fast.
I had this really smurf awesome quote by RFK, but because we are only allowed 255 characters, I can't put it up here, so I am writing this in protest of a stupid smurf limitation.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: Mass Effect

Post by Merlaina »

I agree. This was the most compelling "RPG" (I use the term loosely here) I had played since Oblivion. The game had really great depth and created a wonderful universe. The story from this game was one of the best I've seen in forever, and the voice acting was top notch. Eventually my wife said I couldn't play it when I wasn't around because she wanted to know what was happening.

My only complaint with the game was the cookie-cutter lunar lander missions where you drive around on moons and planets collecting resources. Neat at first, but man that got old really quick.
Remodius
Grand Summoner

Post by Remodius »

Yeah, so far thats about my biggest beef with it, that and some of the classes seem to be a lot weaker than the others, but otherwise its amazing. As for the lunar missions, I really enjoy using the tank cannon on the infantry dudes...one shot from 300+ meters and watching them flop around on fire is really REALLY amusing to me. I cackle wildly. I look forward to the next installment, especially because its supposed to sync with your current saves and equipment and create a fairly seamless flow from 1 to 2. I wonder if some of the storyline plots may make a reappearance (dont want to share because of spoilers).

If you havent tried it, do so. Its by the same people that did Knights of the Old Republic, and has similar game play and similar character leveling, but has ramped EVERYTHING up by a factor of 10...way more side quests, way more character development, lots of depth and history to each of the unique races, plenty of info on planets and locales....its just really really immersive.
I had this really smurf awesome quote by RFK, but because we are only allowed 255 characters, I can't put it up here, so I am writing this in protest of a stupid smurf limitation.
SilverbladeTE
Arch Magus

Post by SilverbladeTE »

I got ME2, adored it so bought ME1 on budget, played that, imported ot ME2 hehe

AI agree on the PC the Mako's cannon and experience of Battlefield games = SLAUGHTER wagon, shoot n' skoot tactics

Absolutely STUNNING game!! :) voice/character acting is amazing, Mordin SOlis's pathos and humour make shim one of the best I've ever seen
Miranda oh yes HAWT!!
I fell for Tali though, she's just...oh, appeals ot the hopeless romantic in me :)

and for Remodious.. :twisted:

--| http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |--
Art, D&D, 3D tutorials, and yes I used to be a magican, a bloody good
one you smurfing whippersnappers!! :p
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

SEE! thats the kinda advertising eq needs, some hot chick body painted up!
Remodius
Grand Summoner

Post by Remodius »

I am digging ME2, although its not as good as ME1 imho. Not sure what my real beefs with it are, honestly, but I am only a little bit into the game. My wifey finished it like 5 days after we bought it, she loved it but DID say that its totally different than ME1.

And yes, HAWT picture.
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

In ME1 you only receive 50% of total xp for killing something whilst in the tank... get out and snipe stuff. Those turrets/thresher maws/geth colossus are huge xp on foot.

Honestly didn't like ME2 as much as ME1, the whole upgrade system skewed from 'lots of stuff and micromanagement' in ME1 to 'you'll use the same smurfin weapons the entire game and you'll like it' in ME2... and you won't ever upgrade your armor either (but you can customize the look now). Given the choice I'll stick with the options please.

To be fair though, think it's the first sequel where stuff you did in the first installation actually has relevance in it, that I've played. My first impression of the game (having deleted my ME1 saves accidentally when upgrading OS/Game drive) was -- oh smurf that's not how it went down!

-nako/saryrn