How far can I go?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Redius
Conjurer

Re: How far can I go?

Post by Redius »

any of the t5 zones will probably require 2 healers for an EMIV pet....though you might be able to make it work with earth pet, t5 merc on reactive, and mage dropping promised heals (along with some spot healing). Only one real way to find out; go try it!
Archaious

Post by Archaious »

Again a big Thank you to all who have taken time to reply and share their experiences, this has been a great education of what's to come :)
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Go air or go home plain and simple! Earth pet is quite lame imho. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

With 2 healers Air pet can handle the Korofax nameds.
At least 2 of the nameds there are easy with a solo mage and single merc healer.
Some Korofax nameds are easier kills than named in other zones to be honest.
I use Air pet because it grabs agro instantly and keeps the agro.
You need to nuke all out from the start of the fight and I find that Earth pets take a while to build agro.

When using 2 healer mercs, I make sure they are in different stances so they cast different spells and the heals land at different times.

For example:
merc 1 reactive
merc 2 balanced.

When they are both in the same stance I noticed them casting the same heal spells at the same time always.
Therefore you dont get the staggared heals.

Suediwenae...
Ottaro
Elementalist

Post by Ottaro »

Darkenr wrote:
Ottaro wrote:
Piemastaj wrote:T3 named should be np with 2 healers, and the void tasks for Oceangreen and Bloody Kithicor should be fairly easy with your setup also.

I would strongly recommend doing solo/group tasks in Field of Scale to get warmly faction so you can get Rumbling Servant Rank 2. It dominates Rancorous Servant in DPs/tanking.
I second that, switch the tank merc for a healer, work on the EM1 focus either from void D or Crystallos (i'd say crystallos since its a camp set up, faster to get the focus) and then get that faction for the RK2 Gargoyle. You should be well set to progress once thats done.

I Duo with my wifes Chanter with 2 healer mercs and we can kill just about any T5 named. (Just camps with those darn snakes in Kora keep draining us of mana, even at 590 all resists :o )
Are you using air or earth pet to tank named in Korafax? My air pet can tank pretty well with EMVI, and full pet defensives, basically to the point where I can actually solo nearly any T3 named, and molo it's no question. I've never tried anything in korafax yet though, so unsure whether to use air pet or earth.
I always use Air pet. with Void F focus. Better aggro and it's stuns land.
Alanlya

Post by Alanlya »

My experience says that an EM I focus will come via Void access far faster than Crystallos. I spent quite a bit of time in there, with a lot at the trios; I saw the pet focus drop once. Crystallos is also a lot less forgiving, and elder spawns can put a damper on your day. Especially if you don't have a campfire nearby :D
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I have to agree. Me and a fellow mage spent a good 40 hours camping trio and got 0 pet focuses. Your better off to just do void tasks and get the Pet focus from there, takes a lot less time.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Ottaro
Elementalist

Post by Ottaro »

You all might be right.
You know how you become incredably lucky on drops once you don't need em anymore? When SoD came out i had an almost full suit of Prismatic armor so i stayed in Cryst to finish it off. Well trio kepted droping pet focuses. Most of which ended up rotting, everyone in guild and alliance channel (not that many pet classes) got one.

Thats why i suggested Crystallos, but doing access will net you

a) Faction
b) Pieces towards collection task (aug)
c) Access to pet focus

all in 1 swoop.
Archaious

Post by Archaious »

Big thanks to all who replied here, I put the next 80 or so aa's into pet defensives and sure enough took out my first essence dropper nameds in field of scale last night. :)
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Archaious wrote:Big thanks to all who replied here, I put the next 80 or so aa's into pet defensives and sure enough took out my first essence dropper nameds in field of scale last night. :)
Congrats! Glad you found the information here helped!