How To: The Big Question

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

How To: The Big Question

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

lets brainstorm and think of good agruments or ways to get your significant other to play EQ with you and NOT bitch about it =P
i REALLY want my woman to share my interest in EQ.. theres ALOT that EQ has to offer to different types of people, so it really should only be as hard as getting them to sit down and give it a shot.. why its any harder than that is beyond me.. but i digress =)

if you have previous experience getting your better half to play with you, please pipe in asap

ive tried and failed with my last girlfriend, but i think its because she was a moron, and EQ was gonna be too much work for her little brain.. but my new woman is smarter than i am.. so i know she can handle it.. i just dont want to introduce it the wrong way and make her not wanna play.. cause im gonna play whether she likes it or not, so she might as well learn to like it, and spend that time with me so im not neglecting her during play time =)

p.s. any female players out there who can maybe give some reasons why a female would love this game?
and if im lucky maybe shell enjoy tradeskilling for me ( LOL )

thanks

-MeatnPotatoes
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Re: How To: The Big Question

Post by Tacoma2586 »

lol my fiancee hates when i play eq alot. shell play some xbox 360 n such but she wont play eq either. makes me mad lol :p
Danille

Post by Danille »

Next time she bitches that you are playing eq, tell her ok ill stop but i think ill go out with my firends. Go out, come back in staggering drunk at 3am and jump into bed after standing in front of the freezer making your body real cold. Then roll on top of her and lean into her face and tell her "honey lets fool around" while belching into her nose. Then pass out trapping her under the weight of your body.

Rinse and repeat as necessary for the next few weeks.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

lmao.. not exactly the approach i was thinking of.. but it might be worth a try.. (/jk)
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Danille wrote:Next time she bitches that you are playing eq, tell her ok ill stop but i think ill go out with my firends. Go out, come back in staggering drunk at 3am and jump into bed after standing in front of the freezer making your body real cold. Then roll on top of her and lean into her face and tell her "honey lets fool around" while belching into her nose. Then pass out trapping her under the weight of your body.

Rinse and repeat as necessary for the next few weeks.
And I thought I was the only one! But that's just standard behaviour, my fiancee tolerates my EQ with no complaints.
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

no i mean.. seriously this seems to be common enough of a problem.. we need to come up with some fool proof stuff to get our partner hooked too!
guaranteed it would greatly improve all of the relationships that have this issue
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

MeatnPotatoes wrote:no i mean.. seriously this seems to be common enough of a problem.. we need to come up with some fool proof stuff to get our partner hooked too!
guaranteed it would greatly improve all of the relationships that have this issue

Problem is you can't force someone to be as obsessive as most of us are. The secret (at least for me) is to involve her not by making her play, but by playing EQ around her. I.E. i play in the same room as her, have conversations while she's reading or watching TV. I think most of the issues are caused by being separated in space, not by what we're doing. Just my take on things.
aeaiel

Post by aeaiel »

my girl dont mind me playing, hell she will watch me play, but she has no interest in playing at all.
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

My ex hated it, so i dumped her and found one in EQ, married a year later. Going on 8 years now. Problem solved.
Wati
Magician

Post by Wati »

My ex GF liked is as long as the EC was the auctioning place.

She mainly chatted with friends of me selling things in the tunnel...

With Bazaar her intrerest in EQ dissapeared. However she always accepted me playing. Actually I took over her account and 3-boxed... That killed my interest in EQ.

My current GF almost accepts me playing. I do belive she hates it, but loves me enough to not mention it... She doesnt accept me playing in the same room as her, I'm to bussy with the game to answer resonable well on her questions... (Actually my ex knew this and sometimes logged in to EQ to communicate...)

I try to play a limited amount of time. However I fail as usuall...

/Wati