Patch Notes - 8/19/09

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Navik

Patch Notes - 8/19/09

Post by Navik »

Here's a sneak peek at the Game Update Notes for Wednesday:

*** Quests & Events ***

- Fixed an issue with the Arcstone encounter of the Giants, Giants, Giants! event that could cause it to be unwinnable.

*** Items ***

- Removed the Corruption focus from Spawnmaster’s Missive. Added Improved Dodge to Spawnmaster’s Missive and Ageless Lantern.
- Chalandria's Fang will now give poison instantly, but it still needs time to recharge.
- Talisman of Vah Kerrath now has an augmentation slot.

*** Spells ***

- Fixed some issues causing inconsistent heights when zoning with illusions active.

*** AA ***

- Corrected a problem that caused swarm extension AAs to function incorrectly.

*** Memory Changes ***

- The "Original" memory mode will now use a different graphics .dll, which more closely matches the original display code.

*** Spam Filter ***

- Players can now report (positively or negatively) tells when using tell windows.
- Fixed an issue with audio triggers being unable to recognize tells from specific players.
- Players can once again gain skill in languages through group chat.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Anibarean of the Light and Vacurasa of the Dark have returned and hope to begin coordinating soon.
- Removed restrictions from being able to talk while dead and in hover mode.
- Fixed an issue causing boats to place players below the world.
- Fixed an issue causing vendors to not "stack" items without charges.
- Fixed several issues with height after zoning.
- The NPC Journal now defaults to "disabled" when characters are created or renamed.

*** Previously Updated ***

- The Distribution Facilitator in the Plane of Knowledge can now replace your platinum abacus if you lost or destroyed it.
- Players should now be able to re-enter the Giants Giants Giants instances if they get bounced out for whatever reason.

- The EverQuest Team
Ivocare

Re: Patch Notes - 8/19/09

Post by Ivocare »

Corrected a problem that caused swarm extension AAs to function incorrectly.
Was this AA not working? I remember hearing that the swarm extension focus on our robe was not working, but I did not know about the AA.
Alanlya

Post by Alanlya »

I could definitely tell this was not working compared to earlier this year. I can't confirm today's fix actually works yet, though.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Individual pet extensions are smurf near impossible to show. You could only show that part isn't working, which doesn't really help that much in a lot of cases, except saying something is wrong. However, I hadn't heard anyone say it wasn't working properly.
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Story I heard was: it was working at the start, but then broke. Now it seems to be definetly repaired. Because the clr were bitching??? :lol: