Breaking into UF

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
heracyangel

Breaking into UF

Post by heracyangel »

Hey all,

i am currently working my way through SOD group progression. I use the Cleric merc and my Fience's Druid when she will let me. I have been reading that UF is going to be a huge wall when i try to move over to it.

Would it be worth the cash to re-activate my Shammy account to box? OR is it just that bad and i have hit the wall with how far i can go with my little group?
Danille

Re: Breaking into UF

Post by Danille »

If you plan on using your pet for a tank forget it unless you have maxed out on all your pet defensive and offensive aa's and have a very high level pet focus.
You may want to try grouping with tanks to get your UF level group gear.

Would highly recommend that you obtain a raid level pet focus/Max out pet related AA's.
bobipet
Magician

Post by bobipet »

well i can duo most of the uf group progression tasks (shm / mage ).going slow tho,i prefer by much doing this full group.
u will need max pet defensive at least and a good pet focus (minion 8 help a lot also ,the one i have ).the best group pet focus until yu reach converteum is from underquarry i think (minion 5 ). (if u can join a raid who doing tower instance,it giving you minion 7 as reward for the 1st kill and minion 8 if u there up to brekt kill ).
like i said shaman counterbias slow and overtime heal ,heal the pet for 5200 hp per tic before the merc start to cast their healings plus the fact the mobs are always slowed.i can't say with druid / mage what you would do there,sure adding your shm as trio u should be able to do them even easier than me since you got another tool for pulling that i don't have (snare ).
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

It depends on what you want to do.

You can easily go to a Tier 6 or 7 UF zone and find a camp spot to farm nameds.

But, if you are talking about the group progression missions that lead to Convortium, I'd say it will be extremely difficult to 2-box all of those.
bobipet
Magician

Post by bobipet »

(Prog.tasks ) lichen creep is not too bad,same for fungal forest,i did cooling chanbers also (tanise was a looong kill ),pelucid grotto,brells temple got hard hitting mobs and i must help on heal,i had a friend helping me there but he went LD and only came back after 30 min,i didn t wait for him to log back in and did some kills there including the named and it was not bad...they are not too bad since i can usually single pull them easy, (coh ),if i got an add i root him for 3 min.

with 2 mercs healer and me who can heal when needed,if we don't get adds,they are not too bad.
i usually ask for help on those instance usually since they are too long to duo....
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Also if you're looking to farm named be sure to check them out in Allah first and see if they have any special abilities. I saw a named goo up in cooling chambers and thought "Oooh, shiny, named!" and attacked him with my mage/chanter box. Turns out he had a DoT that hit for 15K (5K/tick) and always comes with 2 add friends. Even after my chanter locked down the adds it was just too much for my pet with EM7 and I died shortly thereafter. I only had 1 cleric merc as the chanter has a wizzy DPS merc, so two cleric mercs might have had me fine. And maybe after multiple attempts I would have been able to take him, but I tried twice and both times didn't really go well.

I've seen other named that had 20K unresistable DDs, so be sure to know thy enemy before jumping into UF named.
heracyangel

Post by heracyangel »

If i broke out my other 2 accounts with a warrior and shammy (and get them t5 gear) do you think i could start UF that way? Its been a while since i played them (the mage has been it for about 2 years now) but i am sure i can get the boxing game down again.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

I've done most of progression with my mage/beast combo, so your combo should do just fine. Lack of mezz in some encounters is going to be a problem for you as it is for me, so I asked guildies to start a few progression missions for me if I wasn't flagged in that zone. All of the progression missions should be doable (except maybe First Corruption which I have not done yet) by your crew.

Since group gear is notoriously lacking in AC, you may want to tank named in the missions with your air pet instead of a warrior in T5 gear, assuming you've invested a good number of AA in pet defensives.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
heracyangel

Post by heracyangel »

sharrien wrote:I've done most of progression with my mage/beast combo, so your combo should do just fine. Lack of mezz in some encounters is going to be a problem for you as it is for me, so I asked guildies to start a few progression missions for me if I wasn't flagged in that zone. All of the progression missions should be doable (except maybe First Corruption which I have not done yet) by your crew.

Since group gear is notoriously lacking in AC, you may want to tank named in the missions with your air pet instead of a warrior in T5 gear, assuming you've invested a good number of AA in pet defensives.
LOL, I stopped playing the Warrior (my original main) when SoF came out and the air pet out tanked him by miles. Would it be better to level up the bard on that account for pulls/mez and just let the pet be the main tank all the way?
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

heracyangel wrote: LOL, I stopped playing the Warrior (my original main) when SoF came out and the air pet out tanked him by miles. Would it be better to level up the bard on that account for pulls/mez and just let the pet be the main tank all the way?
My first response is to say yes, but also don't forget about the new cultural armor. If you can afford to buy a full set of that for your warrior and get enough silver tokens for boomerang gear then he should be fairly respectable so long as you have the AAs in good shape as well. That said I think the bard would still be preferable for mez, pulls, and damage enhancement for your mage and pet.