Nerf: Underfoot Sympathetic Alleviation augments

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
scrat

Nerf: Underfoot Sympathetic Alleviation augments

Post by scrat »

So imagine my surprise when I surfed over here and did not find a hot topic on the impending nerf to Underfoot sympathetic mana proc augments. After all, the magician class (or so I believe) will be the hardest hit as your mana regeneration rate is the poorest per demand of all detrimental casters. By a mile.

Anyways, source: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=171720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The augments have already been patch to no longer proc on any 86 or higher spell on test, and is expected to be patched to live servers this week.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Re: Nerf: Underfoot Sympathetic Alleviation augments

Post by dorfillya »

I think everybody that would normally post here, is already posting on the SOE board, trying desperately get some kind of changes made.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

dorfillya wrote:I think everybody that would normally post here, is already posting on the SOE board, trying desperately get some kind of changes made.
Yes, that is why you don't see a post here. I have seen all the regulars from here weigh in over there and most of those posters posted in both threads existing on the topic (in testing and gameplay mechanics) but it's more than a nerf to us. Also, it affects the raiders way more and most raiders at least read the boards or have someone in the guild to inform others.

Thanks for making the post though. It may also be bad timing for others on why it didn't get mentioned here. I know that many universities in the US are either in the middle of or about to begin finals; that means many people don't have time to deal with this change and post about it, sadly.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Oh, and while were on it, might as well post in regarding to this change. Many people have suggested changes. I know that a stepdown method was mentioned several different ways. I mentioned adding an aa to proc mana return for mages when clicking our own rods. So simple, I'm surprised no one mentioned such during beta (if someone did, my apologies). I actually think it would be a good idea to have it work for the spell or aa version of the rod. I'll keep this one in mind for aa suggestions for next expansion but if we can get some well developed numbers, I'm wondering if we could push Elidroth to make an aa that does this before the next expansion. Any thoughts or ideas?
Sarenot
Magician

Post by Sarenot »

Yet another nerf to caster dps. Utter BS.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

If you guys read the threads, this nerfs mages the most out of any class. Wizards have already explained they can use their lvl 81 and 84 nukes and be perfectly fine to still be able to use these procs. Currently its a struggle with our new Spear spell and other new spells to make parses, so its just not an option for most people to go to lower level spells like wizards can. I guess when it rains it pours for mages. :x

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Many people, who aren't mages, are actually backing the mages on how this is a nerf to us. The devs aren't even saying one thing about it. The "In Testing" thread got locked and I'm hoping because it just turned into a dupe of the "Gameplay Mechanics" thread. It's lame how they just make a change, it's pointed out to them who it's really nerfing (mages), and they don't care. Melees pretty much have infinite endurance now, which they don't even need to dps (just dps higher), but we can't have mana last more than 5 minutes. In the raid game, there isn't a single class that loses to our pet at dps so why can't we get some decent mana regen?

We are going to have to seriously work some things out to help us limp along after this change. We also are gonna have to pester the smurf out of the devs until they do something FOR US to get us back up to some semblance of dps. Our regen needs a serious bump or our mana costs a serious decrease. I think we pay more mana than anyone else when it comes to dpm. That's just totally ridiculous when compared to how well other classes do in their respective areas and we need to get that changed somehow. I think we need to push for some serious changes to the way mod rods work since everyone else is getting mana benefits but us. First, we should get an extra boost when clicking these AND the aa version should give us reduced to no damage for clicking. We have a few avenues to work in and we need to get them all worked on at once:

1. Mana regen spells need to be boosted.
2. Spell dpm needs adjustment. Increased dmg (2nd best), decreased mana costs (least preferred), or both (best).
3. Mod rod changes. Make our rod self only (sticky point--it's its own debate), decrease/remove mod rod dmg, add extra mana for clicking a mod rod.
Sarenot
Magician

Post by Sarenot »

I think before any discussion on how to fix anything, we need to sort 2 important things:

1) communication with devs - who is our CL now, do we have one at all, is Tulisin officially gone (if not wth not), do we have someone or some people who can represent all aspects of the mage game (grping and raiding).

2) Clarity from devs where they see mages as fitting into the raiding game now. Seems we do not have a role anyone is comfortable with. We cant get more dps on burns or we encroach on wizards, we can't get more mana regen or we are in necro territory. It is seemingly perfectly ok for necros to outburn us, and melee to outsustain us and outburn us. So what is our role?

I have to admit to being very angry atm - this change is just the final straw for me, after seeing how far we have fallen in relative power to other classes already. It seems totally unnecessary and totally a step in the wrong direction.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Or make a mage-only line of the more powerful augs and let the other classes have the weaker ones.
scrat

Post by scrat »

Voragath wrote:Many people, who aren't mages, are actually backing the mages on how this is a nerf to us.
I'm one of them; I've done what pathetic little I can via posting & firing off PMs. I do not understand how such a large percentage of eq gamers analyze a pending nerf, decide it's not going to personally affect them negatively - then spend great efforts explaining how its not a nerf and is justified..not to mention Flash08 by name. I've even had many fellow necros question me about this, asking why I care. Me, I view this as a great injustice on the detrimental caster archetype i.e. what it is. That many players are able to obtain gear/aa/spells and-or group/raid with the quality of gamers that makes these augments of little benefit...attests to the very quality of these augments. If you need them, you can get them. If you dont need them, you lose nothing by not having them. They provide a fringe benefit for those willing and able to complete UF flagging process and farm the drops.

And considering these have been in-game for over a year, letting many of us grow dependant on their functionality without any indication that their effectiveness will be reduced actively (or in this case eliminated) - I consider this nerf highly offensive action by the development. The amount of mana preservation these can provide is certainly staggering, but moreso staggering is the rate a detrimental caster expends mana in the group game compared to the mana regenerations available.

I've asked the lead devs to hold off on the nerf and start up a discussion thread to allow players to give their input & impact - and after community response is factored then make their decision...wether its full nerf as currently planned, reduction per level like focus, or a straight decrease in the mana restoration proc.
-Scarpa