Naggy/Vox Item Cheatsheet

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Elentarri
Elementalist

Re: Naggy/Vox Item Cheatsheet

Post by Elentarri »

its a feeling but as theres no groupage on my server hardly i dont feel like 3 boxing these missions so theres no point in em for me
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Redius wrote:
Zatpus wrote:
Redius wrote:yes, even the pure group items have raid type foci on them
Can you link me one? You know one with slot 7 as those are the pure group items which can be earned without raids.quote]

.....they were a 45% fire focus. That's a raid focus....
I don't know where you XP at, but I hardly call 45% fire a raid focus. I think arm seminal essences from FoS, which I have done by myself with a merc, have 45% fire focus. The T5 groupable arms give 55% fire focus. I would currently say it takes 60% or better to be called much of a raid focus. Many mage raiders probably have 80% or better fire focus.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

[quote="dorfillya] I don't know where you XP at, but I hardly call 45% fire a raid focus. I think arm seminal essences from FoS, which I have done by myself with a merc, have 45% fire focus. The T5 groupable arms give 55% fire focus. I would currently say it takes 60% or better to be called much of a raid focus. Many mage raiders probably have 80% or better fire focus.[/quote]

You're absolutely right; that was a mistake on my part. Group foci is 45%. I stand corrected. However, that doesn't change the fact that with one vox/naggy raid (and on Bristlebane i've seen scores of pickup raids being conducted, and I know most guilds have already run through them) you get t4 quality raid gear. That's my biggest issue with it. The arms that can be obtained with one raid, and nothing but grouping thereafter are 80% focus. That's way overbalanced in my opinion.
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

Redius wrote: The list at http://www.eqoutrider.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4882" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; unfortunately isn't complete. We rotted out a set of GROUP sleeves on our first run through of a MM. They were bleh in terms of HPS/Mana (500ish apiece), however, they were a 45% fire focus. That's a raid focus, and certainly worth losing a couple hundred hps/mana to wear. *and no, i rotted them, i don't remember the name.
I am far from beeing well geared, but my "Inflicted Forcemeld Silk Sleeves" have a 55% fire focus, it's a groupitem and seem to be superior to the item you are mentioning:
Inflicted Forcemeld Silk Sleeves
Slot: ARMS
Purity: 50
AC: 56
Focus Effect: Fire Damage 55 L85
STR: 15+3 DEX: 20+2 STA: 30+5 CHA: 15+5 Wis: 15 INT: 15+1 AGI: 35 HP: 665 MANA: 725 SV FIRE: 22 SV DISEASE: 37 SV COLD: 20 SV MAGIC: 35 SV POISON: 20

45% you get from the T3 essences you can farm in fos-theme, ther's no need to do endles boring mms to get them. Don't say farming bite is much more fun, but for shure its much faster.

For the 80% focus you need atleast one sucessful raid if you manage as a grouper to get a spot on the right one in an open raid.
Than they are howmuch 63 brews? not sure about that. If you are going to do that with a group that would be 1 brew and a roll on the chestloot for another 5 brew, so in the long run something like 2 brews per monstermission or 32 monstermissions for one single piece of gear.
It could turn out that the time invested for such a pice of gear may be similar to the time raiders invest for a similar/better piece.
I will go for the tash clicky and maybe can stand to do enought mms to get also the fire focus if I can catch a spot on the raid/s. By than I will have done something like 50+ mms and likely will be fed up with those mms.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Well the flame wars on the forums have caused the devs to take another look at the risk vs reward on these items, and say that they're not sure yet what they're going to do, but there may be some nerfing coming to the events, or the gear itself.
Absor wrote: We're going to take a look at this gear. I can't say what, if any, changes will be made, but we will most definitely be looking into this. As soon as we have an answer, we'll let you know.

Sorry for the hoopla.

A
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

good maybe i wont cancel my account after all
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Elentarri wrote:good maybe i wont cancel my account after all
Aye, I understand a lot of people are upset over this, and really as well they should be with a lot of this gear at or surpass Tower level in quality in some cases. Although I don't think they should entirely get rid of the gear, I really wouldn't mind groupers getting an option to get some raid gear at relatively low risk vs reward as long as there's a huge time requirement involved.

That being said though, I think that at it's current quality it's too much. For it's very low risk, and very lax requirements to get this gear (no months of flagging/keying/gearing to break into a zone) it being at korafax/tower+ is quite a bit too powerful. This gear IMHO should be maybe around Crystallos/FoS raid quality or so. FoS raids don't really require any major gearing/keying up to raid so I think that would be a good level for this new gear to be. I think that a good midrange level of raid quality isn't overboard for the time effort required to get these items.
Alanlya

Post by Alanlya »

That carrot they are dangling is about to get a lot smaller. As the saying goes, if it seems to good to be true...

There's quite a chasm between opinions on this, but I doubt the grouper's perspective (or those nostalgic people that would like something besides fun out of the time investment) will come out on top.
Danille

Post by Danille »

its really nice that with each one of these new expansions they eliminate the gap between the groupers and the raiders. It is a great idea and way to keep new players able to join the core raiding game.
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

Danille wrote:its really nice that with each one of these new expansions they eliminate the gap between the groupers and the raiders. It is a great idea and way to keep new players able to join the core raiding game.
i agree to an extent but why should groupers get such raid quality when its taken most of us weeks months and even years to get raid quality gear?