Naggy/Vox Item Cheatsheet

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Naggy/Vox Item Cheatsheet

Post by Darkenr »

This was put together recently for the new event that started for the classic raid/group events. Most of the raid items are only unlocked via beating naggy/vox and then you can buy most of the items with the brews for completing the raid events and even the group events. These items are EXTREMELY powerful (Korafax level HEM and Tower level AC/Weapon Ratios) for the effort involved, including some of the most powerful augs in the game currently. Just look at some of the items on this cheatsheet.

Enjoy!

http://www.eqoutrider.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4882
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: Naggy/Vox Item Cheatsheet

Post by Sillaen »

These are already being discussed in multiple threads on the sony forums and as usual, the raiders are all up in arms about the quality of this loot that will be available to group folks. While that is true, it's going to take weeks of repetitive missions to even be able to purchase a single item. While the missions may be relatively easy, 1 mission still takes several hours and the currency needed is very, very hard to accumulate.

Nice items though. :D
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Sillaen wrote:These are already being discussed in multiple threads on the sony forums and as usual, the raiders are all up in arms about the quality of this loot that will be available to group folks. While that is true, it's going to take weeks of repetitive missions to even be able to purchase a single item. While the missions may be relatively easy, 1 mission still takes several hours and the currency needed is very, very hard to accumulate.
I respectfully disagree.

It's insanely easy to max out points. You can resell the crap loot at the end of the group missions for 5 brews to the old man. If you 3 box these missions (and you can easily in about an hour a piece....faster when you get good) you can get any character 18 points every 16 hours (3 items sold back =15 brews + 3 brews for the rewards)

It'll take less than a week to get raid gear. Personally, that's just plain wrong. Not cause i'm a raider; but because it's a HUGE step toward easymode EQ. The balance will be (is being) shifted so that folks who raid have little reason to continue doing so. I worked for all my gear; yet you can now get almost tower level gear (AC is actually better on some of the MM stuff) in under a week. Sad. In SoF, I was still in group gear....and maxxed out. Yet I was 7000 mana behind the top mage on my server (and about 10k behind the top overall).....now there's group mages within 3k of me, and my gear is almost exclusively tower. The percentage change is staggering. I'm all for groupers and raiders having a fun time; what i'm against is free upgrades because you can churn out talentless MM's with NO risk to yourself (you don't lose exp when you "die", so people exploit the hell out of it). It's painful to watch, and my guess is unless the devs actually look at the problem they've created, underfoot won't be much fun. Remember folks, there's NO level increase; so if you suddenly all get tower geared, where will the challenge be?

This set of devs is killing the balance with these missions.
Alanlya

Post by Alanlya »

Nearly every example given is about people two- or three-boxing. I think the problem with it being easy to get is associated with boxing, more so than anything else. For those that don't play EQ all by themselves, this isn't a quick path. A sure path, but not fast.
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

Redius wrote: I worked for all my gear; yet you can now get almost tower level gear (AC is actually better on some of the MM stuff) in under a week. Sad. In SoF, I was still in group gear....and maxxed out.
There is the core. For some Raiders raiding itself isn't fun anymore, it is hard work like for others doing a second job. Its just a burden they take to get best possible gear. And so groupers getting not far from that gear by doing the groupers-funstuff like doing 25 times repeadetly same monstermissions don't deserve similar stuff.

If grouping seems the most fun in this game and raiding is hard work .. there may is a point to think about the actual playstyle.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Zatpus wrote:
Redius wrote: I worked for all my gear; yet you can now get almost tower level gear (AC is actually better on some of the MM stuff) in under a week. Sad. In SoF, I was still in group gear....and maxxed out.
There is the core. For some Raiders raiding itself isn't fun anymore, it is hard work like for others doing a second job. Its just a burden they take to get best possible gear. And so groupers getting not far from that gear by doing the groupers-funstuff like doing 25 times repeadetly same monstermissions don't deserve similar stuff.

If grouping seems the most fun in this game and raiding is hard work .. there may is a point to think about the actual playstyle.

While I agree, it's only to a point; I raid because the group game doesn't hold much interest for me anymore. Raiding is fun (at least it was a lot of fun before farming tower for 9 months). However, no raider raids simply for the joy of raiding. They also want loot. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling you something. My point was that raiding IS tough; dying alot and learning events results in the satisfaction of figuring events out and winning really nice stuff. The MM's DON'T have that, yet they give the same quality of gear. It's the equivalent of a man buying a gun to shoot a person he dislikes rather than learning karate and the discipline to use it properly. If you die in an MM, you lose NOTHING. If you die on raids, you lose exp, time, etc. That's just one example, but my point remains the same; this is easymode. Nothing about MM's are hard. Try it sometime; grab a couple of friends (cleric, mage, sk) and just zerg the crap out of the missions. You'll soon see what i'm talking about. I think this was a good idea, but seriously, Sony dropped a huge ball on the balancing issue. My main worry is that it'll destroy the balance of the game come underfoot....think about it, if groupers are all going to be in some raid gear (yes, even the pure group items have raid type foci on them) what challenge will Underfoot have? And if Underfoot is challenging to those with raid gear, these casual players you speak of will be horribly outmatched and will just get beat to hell in the new expac. SoE, in my opinion, is walking blindly down a road that once traveled, leads to anunblanced future where it's either a have or have not and the difference won't be that one group mows down the mobs whilethe others have challenge; it'll be one group is challenged and the other cannot compete.
Elentarri
Elementalist

Post by Elentarri »

i totally agree with redius ( sry if i spelled ur name wrong) i worked my butt off to get where i am i love to raid to get loot and see endgame content but i think its BS that soe did these if u can get raid quality gear without raiding wtf is the point of raiding anymore if everyone is going to be #1 gearwise? i sincerely hope thi game doesnt completely die off but with stuff like this soe wont bring ppl back it will lose the ones it has atm
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

Redius wrote:yes, even the pure group items have raid type foci on them
Can you link me one? You know one with slot 7 as those are the pure group items which can be earned without raids. I am searching on the list at outriders and on alla. Haven't found yet one groupitem above SOD T3 groupstuff already existent. From all the groupstuff attainable without raiding as for now I only found the Tash-clicky as an Item I really want to get.

@Elentarri: did you check the items available or is that just a feeling? If you don't know which new clickies there are (as you post your question in another thread) I doubt you have spent some time to check what the new items are. "worked my butt off" ... "its BS" ... and not even knowing what you talk about.
Would you mind to link me some Raid-level gear I can reach without raiding?
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

bleh, double post
Last edited by Redius on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Zatpus wrote:
Redius wrote:yes, even the pure group items have raid type foci on them
Can you link me one? You know one with slot 7 as those are the pure group items which can be earned without raids.quote]

The list at http://www.eqoutrider.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4882" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; unfortunately isn't complete. We rotted out a set of GROUP sleeves on our first run through of a MM. They were bleh in terms of HPS/Mana (500ish apiece), however, they were a 45% fire focus. That's a raid focus, and certainly worth losing a couple hundred hps/mana to wear. *and no, i rotted them, i don't remember the name.

Actually, if you read the blurb at the top of the list on outrider.net, "but here's a list of all the raid items as well as any notable group items from the new Naggy/Vox MMs"

It plainly says this is a list of RAID items, and notable group items but only from naggy/vox....guess what? the other 3 mm's have loot too, and since those are the group missions, that's where the group gear is.

Also, keep in mind, you only need ONE naggy or vox win to open up the raid gear. After you get ONE win, you can do the group stuff to your hearts' content....the currency is the same between group and raid. So in the purest sense of answering your question, i can't link it, cause i forgot the name. Sorry, however from a conceptual standpoint, if you get in one pickup raid, you can then group to your hearts content for raid gear. And i still stand by my point that a 45% focus is a raid focus, and while the hps/mana aren't comparible, who wouldn't sacrifice even 500 mana for raid focuses?