Mage raid on Bertox Feb 18, 2011

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Mage raid on Bertox Feb 18, 2011

Post by svenalo »

Lanthor, one of our RL's in Shah, posted the following today on our boards...figured doing a cut'n'paste post here will help get the word out...
=====================================================================================================================================
Hello!

With this expansion being fairly easy, I found myself kicking rocks and thinking about “nerdy” EQ options available to keep things interesting between the “RL” and raid breaks. I came up with the only possible correct answer… Mage raids! I was hard pressed to think of another class that needed more attention in EQ. Magicians are the forgotten DPS caster, under rated, pet hated and consequently found AFK listening to emotional music. Lets give them a moment (again)!

I have fond memories from past PU raids I held called Mage Raids; they were a Velious/POP era weekly PU raid on Bertox consisting of mostly mages and pet/support classes. At the time the raids defeated current raid mobs, vindi, POG, WW etc with roughly 30-40 mages and various support classes. It was an interesting twist on the raid encounters seeing 30-40 pets go to town on a raid boss with a caster ballista behind them. With that said, I’m looking to revive something similar. This will be a purely optional, just for the hell of it, with no point or objective, and simply for the sake of fun.

I’m going to tentatively set the first raid for Feb 18th 8pm ct, with emphasis on 2-3 weeks out. I wanted to give anyone who wants to participate a chance to work on an alt or bot that suits the general basic rules below. The purpose of the raid as mentioned above is fun, and it’s not my intent to exclude anyone not a mage/pet class; however the raid will be geared towards pet tanking which will mean no melee proxy. It will hopefully be the first of a series of raids with a similar game plan. That means if 2-3 weeks is too ambitious feel free to work on it and participate on the next one.

The rules will be loosely as follows and subject to discretionary changes as need precipitates.

-You must play one of the following classes to participate Mage/Beast/Necro.
-One of the above pet classes can be a main/bot/alt/friend/dog, but each human need bring an above listed pet class to the table.
-Any “bot” support classes will be welcome as needed from the listed classes: Bard/Enchanter/Shaman/Cleric/Druid/Wizard/Ranger.
-Pure melee classes and tanks will be forbidden on the raid simply because the raid will be about not getting hit; melee in general will not be allowed.
-I will allow anyone who meets the above criteria to join in the fun so long as they can zone into the raid; however, I will boot lowest level/AA/gear characters first and subsequently less useful support classes if the raid fills up.
-Friends and non guild members will be welcome; in fact I will be going out of my way to stack the raid with pet users.
-Loots will be open roll one win per event
-It would be ideal if anyone who participates had at least UF level group gear or better so they don't die instantly to AE's (keep in mind healing will be thin, and potion healing highly needed).

I’m posting this to give everyone fair warning to join in on the fun. The first target will likely be anywhere form crystallo/tower to ideally Fippy/Beast/UB or something of that nature. I encourage anyone who wants to participate, who is bored, or has time to screw around with the concept of no tanking/damage raids, with emphasis on pet/range DPS to work on one of the three classes (preferably mages because of the pet power and because we need 30ish). Three weeks is plenty of time to revitalize an old alt, reactivate a dead account, borrow a friend’s character, or simply start from scratch.

If anyone has questions let me know, also if anyone needs help leveling etc. sent Turayalon tells for PL requests!