new stuff

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Re: new stuff

Post by Calebe »

The guild I am in leads public raids. We are in T3 HoT and a lot of the people aren't in our guild and some are in no guild. So the banner won't work for them. The answer is an invis stone. A non fixed duration invis can and has led to people needing to be dragged if it fades in a bad spot. As for The Beast you need invis to run to the zone in over the water and the elementals in the way. They won't see invis but if invis breaks and your hit and stunned you just delayed the raid as your dragged, summon corpse or whatever. As we all know the gift of Daybreak wil give people an invis stone, but it should just be the invis stone, as asked for many times during beta. I would rather a Grant Invis spell in the next expansion then an upgrade to some of the damage shields we never use.

Calebe
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Piemastaj wrote:I haven't been asked for an invis stone in probably 6+months.
I get asked for a couple of stones every raid day. It's gotten back to the point where I just spend a few mins casting and dropping on the ground in the guild hall and shout for people to pick them up. Tedious as hell, but it works.
Piemastaj wrote: If your in a guild that raids and people dont have an invis for themselves you have a big problem. There are plenty of otherways to invis, and if a class that cant invis by themselves they shouldn't be running to the set-up spot and wait for a banner. .
Yes everyone has a way to invis, but not a way to perma/fixed duration invis. It's not uncommon to lose a cleric or 2 who didn't ask for a stone when running to where we need to be. There are a few other classes that can't do it either. The banner is not always available.
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Post by Tacoma2586 »

yah i always laughed at our cles who used to forget to use invis and die enroute somewhere :) after awhile they eventually figured out a way not to die mostly because i didnt give people them :)
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Sill, you just said people wont ask for them and die anyway. So that kind of defeats the whole purpose of your arguement that we need this spell or AA imho heh. Like Gizz said though, there are plenty of ways to get to places. Clerics in my guild run to the set-up spot for a banner atleast 2 every raid night and that is also through Mira Nightmare which has see invis. Sometimes you just can't help people.....

Cal, that is probably the only situation it would be nice to have them in. I haven't done Public raids since OoW era with PoP and such. It was much easier then, idk what your raiding but I know HoT has some pretty easy target locations to get to with just invis pots. They aren't perma, but are insta-cast and work just fine.

Again, not saying we shouldn't go for this. But asking for it in AA form I think is a bad way to do it. It needs to come from a spell or, be one of the last few fluff AAs we get. Because when thinking about it we are doing this for 4 classes (war, pal, cleric, ber). Those are the only 4 classes w/o some way to clear aggro effectively or invis. So we really shouldn't be all gung-ho for an AA that only some classes need, and not to mention can be bought easily in pok with cloudy pots.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
benhan
Magician

Post by benhan »

i dont know why you guys still looking for new stuff eq is dead !!!!!!! --- miss eq lol but soe said there "hoping" it comes back up by the end of may. so we might not have eq till june :(
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

The grant invis stone should be a spell not an AA. Makes more sense. Though I will take it anyway they want to give it to us.

As for EQ being down so long, not a good thing, but it should give the devs not working on the security issues time to work on the next expansion, work on AA's and spells. They know they have to make the next expansion one that will hold interest and get people to come back if some leave and don't immediately return. It would even be conceivable they maybe working on adding a new zone. Wishful thinking I know, but they have excess time on their hands and well anything is possible.

Just a wishful thought,

Calebe
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I agree spell is better than AA.
Nylrem0fTest

Post by Nylrem0fTest »

Calebe wrote:Hastened improved twincast AA

New rod aa's for level increase

Level 91 would be 8500 mana returned for xxxxx hit points

Level 93 Would be 10,000 mana returned for xxxxx hit points.

Level 95 would be 12,000 mana returned for xxxxx hit points.

Hit points taken up to the devs and mana returned can be negotiated up (I hope) or down but with huge mana pools of today they seems reasonable.

As always a new GoM AA up to new level cap.

Upgrade Aegis of Kildrum AA to absorb 1 then 2 more hits 2 level AA increase.

An upgraded Pet in a Shell to absorb more before fading.

A pet only AA Damage shield. More powerful then the spell version, lasts for 60 minutes. Useful if your pet is tanking.

AA's to improve swarm pets and Servant of Ro.

Improved pet mend AA to heal it for more. The current one is getting out dated on amount healed.

AA to improve the chance for innate twin cast to proc.

Hastened call of hero AA. drop the recast time.

Group call of hero AA. call the group to your location. Would eliminate need for hastened call of hero AA. (or make the hastened a pre-req for the group call of hero. would allow more filler AA's).

Incorporate Ultra Vision into the breath underwater AA from PoP expansion.

AA to remove the chance for a gate to collapse. After 90+ levels it about time a gate no longer collapses.

More ranks for Force of elements to do more damage.

Improved Malsinia AA to debuff for more.

Turned summoned AA improvement IF there will be enough summoned mobs in a new expansion to make it warranted otherwise no need.

Gate to pet AA. Tell pet to guard here and you roam, and then gate back to pet.

Just a few quick ideas.

Calebe
Standard upgrades are a no-brainer, upgrades to 'newly' acquired mod rods, Aegis, Shell, Force of Elements also another tier of hastened/extended RS pets are definitely needed.

Hastened Improved twincast AA would be kind of nice, but not real relevant unless it cut it in half or less, it still wouldn't be able to be used twice in most raid events.

I personally now hate damage shields of any form, especially if they block ranger AC, or any other buff. Way back in original EQ they were extremely powerful... back when DS damage alone from 40 hits by a group mob would kill the mob. Obviously it hasn't even come close to scaling, and never will... So even a mana free pet only DS while I would use it when solo/moloing, I'd rather pet dps just be increased appropriately. For instance a complete line of accuracy AA added for pet, like the agility line. For the fire pet, it could increase the DD damage of its nukes.

Host and Servant of Ro pets need HUGE upgrades. Their current dps and usefulness is just pathetic. Host and Servant pets' hp needs about quadrupled, RS pet doubled or more. They should be able to withstand at least 1 'normal' AE from a raid mob. OR increase their dps a great deal, their hp some, AND make an AA where they are 'highly resistant' to spell damage (able to survive raid mobs' AE).

pet LoH AA should fully heal an Earth pet with standard buffs. If that pet with standard buffs will have 70k hp, then LoH should be for 70k hp. This AA hasn't scaled well at all.

CoH - we not only should have 0 recast on this, but there should be an AA to totally remove the component necessary, same as with summoning a pet. I care absolutely nothing about spending the PP on the pearls, but I want my bag space back. I don't want to even have to carry a single malachite or pearl any more. As far as group CoH, well... I personally don't care either way, but I know many have asked for a very long time for it.

AA to improve innate twincast is also needed and should be a standard increase now.

It is FAR PAST time where a level 4 spell should no longer collapse. Please fix gate spell and AA.

Malo AA - needs to be IRRESISTABLE AND reduce resists by more. Wizards get an irresistable snare AA, we definitely deserve an irresistable malo AA. As a class, we have had malo longer than wiz have had snare.

Turn summoned - in order to make this AA viable, you would not only need enough summoned/constructs in the current game content, but you would have to increase the damage/buff by about 10 times its current specs. Kinda like our so badly outdated summoned nukes.

I would like to add 2 tiers to our fade, first would add invis, second would add a 'blanket of forgetfulness' type effect, to keep dropping memblur on us, to allow for a true getaway for the times when our RS pet may still be beating on a mob we want to get away from.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Make a /pet go away AA for swarm Android RS pets

Sued...
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Calebe wrote:As for EQ being down so long, not a good thing, but it should give the devs not working on the security issues time to work on the next expansion, work on AA's and spells.
Just a wishful thought,
Calebe
HaHa...

I think this is the funniest thing i have heard from you in the 7 plus years i have known you Calebe.

The wishful thought part is close to me wishing to win the Lotto every week.

;) The Mage classs should be fixed when EQ goes back live ;)

Sued...