new stuff

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: new stuff

Post by Voragath »

I'm torn on this boost to spear. On the one hand, we got what we asked for and that's awesome. On the other hand, they bumped the mana cost which I feel is a slap in the face. I knew about the type 3 aug not being an option so I can understand why the mana bump (also in beta we wrestled around with this spell in the same way we are now). The bump, with FC, TC, spire, etc will be a substantial bump but I really don't think it warranted the mana cost because I don't see the change shooting us way up the parse. Our sustained was just fine and I don't see why it needed to be messed with.

I think everyone has a right to be upset but I'm with PJ that complaining about it will just be us spinning our wheels; the devs aren't gonna listen. We'll have to take this lump and push forward. However, we definitely should not take this lump quietly because there's a difference between complaining and letting it be known that we see this as an unsatisfactory change.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Voragath wrote: I think everyone has a right to be upset but I'm with PJ that complaining about it will just be us spinning our wheels; the devs aren't gonna listen. We'll have to take this lump and push forward. However, we definitely should not take this lump quietly because there's a difference between complaining and letting it be known that we see this as an unsatisfactory change.
I would like to note: "I do hope however this gets rectified so to speak during next expansion so our sustained will balance itself out.". Was put in my last PM to Elidroth about the Spear situation.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

As I suggested before, lets ask for a lower cast time on our harvest and bump up the mana returned,. This would be mage only, and a cast time anything under 3 seconds would help a lot.

Calebe
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Calebe wrote:As I suggested before, lets ask for a lower cast time on our harvest and bump up the mana returned,. This would be mage only, and a cast time anything under 3 seconds would help a lot.

Calebe
Agreed.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Calebe wrote:As I suggested before, lets ask for a lower cast time on our harvest and bump up the mana returned,. This would be mage only, and a cast time anything under 3 seconds would help a lot.

Calebe
Won't happen. The long time harvest takes to complete is intended, it's supposed to be a big sacrifice. Heck even the longer-than-normal global reuse after casting it is intentional.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Another patch is coming and going and no other increases were made to us, or talked about with us. Are we done now? Because that FC increase was hardly what it should have been, which is why I requested the low-end mod to be 50% and not 30%. Not to mention our sustained has taken a hit aswell.

If so, this next expansion has to be one h*ll of an expansion for us, because with a bard and such we will be lucky to break 45k DPS. Whereas I can see the top-end ber/rog/wiz/nec/rang doing 80k+.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Piemastaj wrote:Another patch is coming and going and no other increases were made to us, or talked about with us. Are we done now? Because that FC increase was hardly what it should have been, which is why I requested the low-end mod to be 50% and not 30%. Not to mention our sustained has taken a hit aswell.

If so, this next expansion has to be one h*ll of an expansion for us, because with a bard and such we will be lucky to break 45k DPS. Whereas I can see the top-end ber/rog/wiz/nec/rang doing 80k+.
It should really come as no surprise that we were screwed once again by SoE. A lot of us were fooled this time around by the appearance of elidroth, his statements, and the couple of changes he made. In the end all that happened was a nerf to our sustained DPS.

I don't see how anybody can look at this in a positive light. If this crap is their way of fixing the issues with the mage class were all in deep smurf when the next exp goes live. I look for zerkers to more than 2x our DPS.

I had hoped I was wrong, I had hoped things were changing, hoped that SoE had at long last woken up. In the end I'll stand by the statements I made on EQ Live and on this board. The current group of SoE devs have completely lost touch with this game and have no idea what were doing. More over elidroth should indeed be fired.

I'm sure the usual @#% kissers will jump to his defense, as usual, but FFS wake up and get a clue already. This keeps happening time and time again. Nothing is going to change because the current devs don't give a single smurf about EQ anymore.

The entire hacking BS that happened last month added on top of the completely unbalanced game the "devs" have given us have pretty much destroyed my interest in EQ. WTG SoE. Please continue to use completely out dated security and let our information leak out to anybody that wants it. Please continue to be unable to balance the game.

Sad fact, the vast majority of SoE's exec team should be fired. The current EQ devs need to be fired. Both have no idea what their doing.

Savil