Games games everywhere

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Sirulus Delon

Games games everywhere

Post by Sirulus Delon »

And not enough time to play them all! Hello folkses! Just checking in from the EQ2 turned Rift side to see what's going on in the world of the EQ 1 mage... I am so far out of the loop it isn't even funny. Then, maybe it is (funny I mean). I took a break from EQ2 because my guild raids on PST and man I can't hang anymore. Too tired by the time raids start. EQ1 still isn't in the picture for me (yet) because I just don't feel motivated to play it right now. I left the game because I could see the writing on the wall - guild was close to being toast because of the predictably crappy tuning and server merges were too slow to stop me (you know it's bad when you log in and you can 'feel' how empty a server is. How does EQ's survivability look at this point in time?
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Re: Games games everywhere

Post by Goranothos »

Hey Sirulus. I remember your name from the old boards. I can't speak from a raid perspective (because I haven't raided in years), but the EQ group game is going well. As a mage, I have little trouble finding groups (though I don't bother most of the time), and seem to be quite poweful when it comes to soloing/boxing/grouping. Server population on Luclin seems good. The guild lobby is almost always full.

As for EQ's survivability....who knows? EQ is celebrating it's 12th anniversary this month. I'll go out on a limb and predict that EQ will be around years from now, though I doubt it will ever again see the popularity it had back in 1999-2001. It's still a fun, addictive game. I sometimes take long breaks, but always seem to come back to EQ while other games are long forgotten.
Sirulus Delon

Re: Games games everywhere

Post by Sirulus Delon »

Yeah I just kinda don't want to end up renewing to putt around and then find that my chosen comeback server is going to be merged again heh. I can't really raid right now since I get up at 0330 and am at work by 0500 but some things you just can't find elsewhere. Like taking on a mob that is a raid or multi group mob solo or duo - you can't really do that in EQ2 or Rift. Not unless it is a gimp mob or the mob is too far out of loot level range.