Pet DPS increases

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Tacoma2586
Elementalist

Re: Pet DPS increases

Post by Tacoma2586 »

well like pie mentioned some where else flappy atm max is like 600dps. not that extreme. and like i said would need its hp booted to survive being casted and lasting and have its spell casted lot higher to really be viable. if does cool but isnt a top priority. if it happens cool otherwise not big deal.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

What if frenzied burnout were able to increase DPS from swarm pets also?
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

Piemastaj wrote:I would also much rather have Servant of Ro become 9 drakes (idc if it does the same DPS or increases the DPs some), but then that would eliminate the push that Host causes and would also allow us to have the correct amount of pets on the mob w/o melee bitching.
I like the idea of higher ranks would summon multiple Flappies. Summon 3 of them at a time and increase their dps 3-4x and we would have a very respectable dps increase. As expensive as the line has become, it needs an improvement to justify even its current cost.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Ok, here's probably one of the weirdest ideas I've had in a loooooong time. If some of you think it's bad or if the dev's say it is too difficult (if not impossible) so be it; I'll gladly say it was worth tossing out and be done with it. Anyway, onto what my idea is:

Right now I have a Totem of Riggbit's Bouncing Banality in my range slot which increases in power the fewer people are in the zone. Take this concept, reverse it and apply it to focus items for pets; only tie the power to the number of people in a group/raid instead of in a zone.

So here's some made up numbers (which would have to be tweaked).
Solo mage with an unfocused water pet with just burnout and swords would do 1500dps.
Solo mage with an EM4 water pet with BO and swords would do 1700dps.
Solo mage with an EM8 water pet with BO and swords would do 1900dps.
Full group mage (no mercs) with an EM4 water pet with BO and swords would do 1600dps.
Full group mage (no mercs) with an EM8 water pet with BO and swords would do 1800dps.
Full group mage (no mercs) with an EM12 water pet with BO and swords would do 2000dps.
Full raid mage (54 toons) with an EM4 water pet with BO and swords would do 2600dps.
Full raid mage (54 toons) with an EM8 water pet with BO and swords would do 3300dps.
Full raid mage (54 toons) with an EM12 water pet with BO and swords would do 4000dps.
Things like FBO and other buffs would add to this as well. IDK, maybe a rank 3 raid buffed water pet with all the bells and whistles could hit 8k dps for the duration of FBO.

Would it be possible to write an algorithm to support that without making a slew of new pets? If so it might be worth looking into.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Tweelis wrote:Ok, here's probably one of the weirdest ideas I've had in a loooooong time. If some of you think it's bad or if the dev's say it is too difficult (if not impossible) so be it; I'll gladly say it was worth tossing out and be done with it. Anyway, onto what my idea is:

Right now I have a Totem of Riggbit's Bouncing Banality in my range slot which increases in power the fewer people are in the zone. Take this concept, reverse it and apply it to focus items for pets; only tie the power to the number of people in a group/raid instead of in a zone.

So here's some made up numbers (which would have to be tweaked).
Solo mage with an unfocused water pet with just burnout and swords would do 1500dps.
Solo mage with an EM4 water pet with BO and swords would do 1700dps.
Solo mage with an EM8 water pet with BO and swords would do 1900dps.
Full group mage (no mercs) with an EM4 water pet with BO and swords would do 1600dps.
Full group mage (no mercs) with an EM8 water pet with BO and swords would do 1800dps.
Full group mage (no mercs) with an EM12 water pet with BO and swords would do 2000dps.
Full raid mage (54 toons) with an EM4 water pet with BO and swords would do 2600dps.
Full raid mage (54 toons) with an EM8 water pet with BO and swords would do 3300dps.
Full raid mage (54 toons) with an EM12 water pet with BO and swords would do 4000dps.
Things like FBO and other buffs would add to this as well. IDK, maybe a rank 3 raid buffed water pet with all the bells and whistles could hit 8k dps for the duration of FBO.

Would it be possible to write an algorithm to support that without making a slew of new pets? If so it might be worth looking into.
Only EM11 water pet is already doing 4200-4400 dps now when solo... might want to rethink your numbers...

Savil
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Savil wrote:
Tweelis wrote:So here's some made up numbers (which would have to be tweaked).
Only EM11 water pet is already doing 4200-4400 dps now when solo... might want to rethink your numbers...

Savil
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Tweelis wrote:
Savil wrote:
Tweelis wrote:So here's some made up numbers (which would have to be tweaked).

Savil
Sorry, missed that part :)

Savil
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Simple tweak the DEV's can do is increase pet accuracy so it hits enough to get the sustained DPS the DEV's are willing to allow mage pets to have.
If you use the graph tab/button on GameParse and isolate your water pet's DPS, you will see peaks and valleys where a pet will go for periods of a few seconds doing high (over 10k) DPS then periods of low DPS.
This averages out to the 4k-ish DPS the total pet parse shows.

So really all they have to do is allow the pet to hit more and miss less to get the desired DPS rate rather than inventing a lot of new abilities.

Now the increased accuracy could come as an AA or focus or spell or combination of any of the above thereby allowing raiding magicians to have the power they need for high end due to being able to get raid gear Rank 3 spells, etc.

Sued
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Savil wrote:Sorry, missed that part :)

Savil
'sOK, that wall of text is close to my tl;dr length for me; I'm just happy somebody took the time to look it over. :)
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Tweelis wrote:Would it be possible to write an algorithm to support that without making a slew of new pets? If so it might be worth looking into.
It probably is possible...the real question is it possible without a code change. The other thing I don't think you wouldn't want it to do is "power down" the pet as people in the group/raid might die during an encounter - could be a rather brutal effect, and is something no other class would have to be concerned about. Other than that an interesting idea and similar to that scaled damage boost to nukes AA (scaled based on group/raid size) I had over in one of the other threads, specifically http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... &start=141.