Pet DPS increases

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Nylrem0fTest

Re: Pet DPS increases

Post by Nylrem0fTest »

For myself, I would rather have useful pet weapons. 35dps or whatever they are now is just stupid. I would prefer if the weapons bumped up pet dps by 500-1k dps. If this means 5 or even 10k weapon procs, then so be it. It would at least make it worthwhile summoning them. Especially with our ability now to give anyone a whole bag at once, it would not be a huge burden during raids either. And this would encourage even shaman to put pets on mobs, increasing our chance to max out Clash :)
mage76

Post by mage76 »

due to mercs and stats what they are today why not let our pets hit at full damge? everyone else can and does on zek my server.If my pet hit full damge i would have a fighting chance but since the nerf of pets in pvp they seem to hit with toothpicks.On the pve end i do ok pet hits max 272 and average 117-172 along with procs and such think the 272 damge is a proc of course this is with epic 1.5.I dont wanna be overpowered just have a chance and have players have some concern about our pets just a thought
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Nylrem0fTest wrote:For myself, I would rather have useful pet weapons. 35dps or whatever they are now is just stupid. I would prefer if the weapons bumped up pet dps by 500-1k dps. If this means 5 or even 10k weapon procs, then so be it. It would at least make it worthwhile summoning them. Especially with our ability now to give anyone a whole bag at once, it would not be a huge burden during raids either. And this would encourage even shaman to put pets on mobs, increasing our chance to max out Clash :)
This has been answered time and time again. They can't increase pet weapon damage due to the fact we can give them to other classes. Any noticeable increase would mean they would have to rebalance ALL pet classes around having those weapons which would completely screw over all other pet classes.

The only why it could be done is if they made the toys no trade somehow but they have said they can't do that in code and still have them giveable to the pet. This comes up every single year and they answer it the same way each time, they will never increase the pet weaps in any real way.

Now, I would LOVE to have a set of blades that proc'ed a short duration snare or something utility in nature.

Savil
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

mage76 wrote:due to mercs and stats what they are today why not let our pets hit at full damge? everyone else can and does on zek my server.If my pet hit full damge i would have a fighting chance but since the nerf of pets in pvp they seem to hit with toothpicks.On the pve end i do ok pet hits max 272 and average 117-172 along with procs and such think the 272 damge is a proc of course this is with epic 1.5.I dont wanna be overpowered just have a chance and have players have some concern about our pets just a thought
I completely agree here, pets should be doing full DPS on zek. Its crazy for them not to be already.

Savil
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I would love a RUNE proc on some blades. Or something like the AE-hate nature. IIRC rune is an AE hate proc. Would help a lot in the solo game, TS farm ect.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Nylrem0fTest

Post by Nylrem0fTest »

Sorry, wasn't tryin to derail this into a weapon discussion :)

I love these boards, but we are all so different in opinions on how we want/think things could be done. I think it would be very helpful if we could decide on what we want, make it feasible, without too much work from the tiny dev team still working on the game, present valid arguments, and decide what is best to attempt to present these ideas as a unified front from the class.

For this thread... we pretty much all agree that our pet dps should be increased. I think most just want dps from wherever we can get it. Raiders seem to want it mainly from spells because that is mainly what they get the most assistance with during raids, groupers/casual players seem to want more from pets because they are sustained mana-free dps (not counting RS pet) and the belief that as a class definition about half of our dps should come from pets?

That was a question mark at the end of that statement, meaning I'm not positive about that statement, but is what it seems to me.

Can we, as a group, decide on one single ability or spell (and a possible secondary one if they first choice cannot be implemented) that will put our pet dps where we think it should be, one that is feasible, with valid arguements, that is likely to be implemented if properly presented to the SOE staff?

And then, after we can agree on that, let our new roundtable rep or whatever push those few issues we are really concerned with forward, and hard. But first, we must attempt to agree on a direction/implementation. Until we can do that, there is absolutely no way anyone should be allowed to complain about whoever is representing us at the round table, if we can't even make a decision on what they should be fighting for, and specifically how it should be implemented.

<pretty much just cut and paste this to the spell dps thread :) >
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

History shows getting consensus on anything here is going to be difficult.

That said, I think raiders and groupers both agree we want OUR pets to have the DPS boost but not necessarily those of other classes, so that would rule out a weapon approach because weapons, aka pet toys, get asked for for other pets., and as Savil said the devs more than likely would see that as a big issue in balance. However some kind of buff to boost, or just ticking up the numbers for their innate abilities in the DB profiles of each, would be doable...

As for complaining about who is on the round table, I think that is independent of what they may or may not fight for. Yes, what we want them to push for requires concensus, but representation is more than that - we need someone who is going to put the communities wants before their own (because the person already there pushes their own agenda and not the community's ideas), comes from a raiding perspective (because the current person already there is at best giving a solo/group perspective), and so on. So what we want them to push is important, but who it is is equally as important.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Not sure if it has been suggested earlier in this thread, but if Elidroth is still browsing this board, there is an easy opportunity for increasing our pet DPS, when that gets looked at, by simply bumping the Frenzied Burnout Rank XXX lvl-91 AA
Increase ATK by ??? \
Increase Chance to Hit by 30% with All Skills
Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by ???%
Duration: 15 tics (90 seconds)

My 2cp.

Sued...
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Simply raise their damage... The 81 pet hit for like 440, The 86 pet hits for what, 512? And during that time MoB hitpoints have quadrupled.
Even the pets hp's were doubled every 5 levels, but what happened to their damage? a 15% increase, sucks.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

700 would be a nice number.