Pet DPS increases

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Nenamile

Re: Pet DPS increases

Post by Nenamile »

Are we looking for quick and dirty fixes now or for improvements for the next expansion or both? An immediate quick and dirty fix that wouldn't generate too much hate from the pet envy classes would be to increase the damage of the rank 3 rs pet. It wouldn't help groupers but it would help raiders and do something to boost the desirability of mages on raids. If at the same time an adjustment is made to the higher ranks of fbo we start to make inroads before the next expansion. Not huge inroads but anything is better than nothing.

So far as FBO is concerned we have had no AAs to extend FBO since SoD and there were no further ranks of Hastened BO in HoT. Such a significant tool needs updating if we are to remain the masters of pets, particularly since other classes are acquiring pet abilities at a rate of knots.

If we then wanted and it appears most do to differentiate more clearly between the various pets more clearly how difficult would it be to code AA's to enhance the abilities of each individual pet type? So say water pet ability would increase dps from backstabs, fire pet ability would increase fire pets base nukes etc?

My overwhelming impression is that mages for some reason fail to capture the imagination of the developers. Asking for complex new abilities seems to leave us even further behind. Keeping requests fairly simple and focused on what we see to be the key issues may be more productive perhaps?
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

Aither wrote:As I recall this was an aa in SOD beta, one that didn't make the cut. I tested it and it seemed to work fine. I forget what the name of the aa was though.
Prolific Minion
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

Voragath wrote:Pets spawning pets actually never did "correctly" work. It had a bug and in trying to fix the bug it broke completely. They ran out of time to fix this and they never mentioned how much code support they needed for it. It is a terrible idea because you just run into more push issues. Now, remove push and it's a fantastic idea. Will make us max out x_many way more often.
They should be able to make it work now... The dark ritualist's in somnium spawn skeleton pets when you're fighting them.
Last edited by Jedis on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.