Elemental Forms

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Elemental Forms

Post by Voragath »

I stand behind removing the illusions.

A slight derail, I like the idea of reintroducing the removed illusions via a clicky or four. Can hide it as a quest reward or otherwise obtainable in-game (none of this LoN or $C trickery). Would be a nice thing for mages as a lore standpoint. As a bonus, could make the text something like, "soandso summons the form of [fire/water/earth/air] to consume them." Neat lore trick.
Aither
Elementalist

Post by Aither »

I am fine with the removal of illusions tied to the aa lines. I do agree that as a long standing ability mages should get an alternate form of the illusions available by alternate means. I'll have to admit I use the elemental forms mostly for flavor, but occasionally to be easily seen in a raid setting. So please do think about an alternate way to gain the illusions.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Aither wrote:I am fine with the removal of illusions tied to the aa lines. I do agree that as a long standing ability mages should get an alternate form of the illusions available by alternate means. I'll have to admit I use the elemental forms mostly for flavor, but occasionally to be easily seen in a raid setting. So please do think about an alternate way to gain the illusions.
Same here. The effects are negligible right now, but I still use these (well, water form at least) wherever I can't use a mount. But as most are in favor of ditching, I'll follow suit. Unless we get an alternate way to get the illusions though, it'll be sad to see them go.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Elidroth wrote:The issue IS the illusion itself.
My question was.. is the illusion important enough to you to deal with those issues on your own, or should I remove it like I am with every other class?
The illusion is not important Elidroth -- I vote to remove the illusion and keep the effect

Sued...
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Ditch the illusion only if another alternative means of casting it is made available imo. It's very much a part of the mage class to be able to transform, and we'd be losing a part of our heritage.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

The illusions are already in the global file and are there to stay since enchanters have the spells, so if we did get another alternate form of casting them, they could just be the vanilla model with no added special effects.

What about changing our AA line to summon the infamous jester model, but could instead summon an elemental depending upon the form we chose. Since mages already can't use familiars due to our pet... would it let us have a mini elemental follow us around plus Jabober? As far as I can remember, the jester doesn't leave a buff icon on us, but I am unsure if the jester is usable with a pet out.

Just spitting out random ideas here. I really liked my original idea of a script driven illusion clickie for mages. Djarn could write the quest! :P

Ideally, SKlug (yes I know his plate is full) could just change it so illusions didn't leave a buff icon on you, and just changed your form for the duration of the zone you are in, much like when a Guide/GM changes you into an NPC model.

I would hate to see us completely lose the ability to take on our elemental form illusions. If it's removed from the AAs, that's fine, as long as another way is implemented for those that want to still use them. I know as a young mage, it was something I looked forward to using.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

Jedis wrote: I know as a young mage, it was something I looked forward to using.
/nod

Absolutely, I remember as I was a very young mage hunting elementals in Lavastorm Mountains, I was totally amazed and impressed by "high level" enchanters (it was early Kunark era and they were in their low 50s) who floated in air elemental form above my head towards Sol B joining their Naggy raid :lol: I was telling myself, "wouah this is cool" and made the project, one day, to be able to do that too...
Conjurous
Elementalist

Post by Conjurous »

Main problem atm is the effects of these AAs is pitiful for the amount of AAs u spend on them, especially when compared to other class AA illusions like shammy / bst werewolves. Giving those forms a boost would be nice, for example earth gives hp, pitiful amount of hp these days, why not boost that amount to 2k or maybe 5k and add some melee mitigation, or water getting 15-25 mana regen or air getting resist cap boosts or fire getting a small boost to fire nukes or something.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

As they stand right now the only reason to buy an elemental form is the first rank is required in order to buy the core. That was not the case back when they were introduced, and in fact, you can make similar evaluations of all sorts of the AA's. However that doesn't mean they should be improved...we already have boatloads of hp/mana in the grand scheme of things, already have made it so people have near or max resists anyhow making AE's and such with insane modifiers, and so on. I would say the elemental forms should just be adjusted to ONLY be the illusion - absolutely no other effect at all. The core lines have our damage boost and whatnot...to me that would make a lot more sense.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Conjurous wrote:Main problem atm is the effects of these AAs is pitiful for the amount of AAs u spend on them, especially when compared to other class AA illusions like shammy / bst werewolves. Giving those forms a boost would be nice, for example earth gives hp, pitiful amount of hp these days, why not boost that amount to 2k or maybe 5k and add some melee mitigation, or water getting 15-25 mana regen or air getting resist cap boosts or fire getting a small boost to fire nukes or something.
I actually like the idea of keeping the illusion if we can get the forms rescaled. Then there would be a choice between mount / form, ie a good trade off. Its very rare you actually need the speed of your mount when your camping / raiding and sitting on one. Most of the time your mounted for mana regen. If I could get the same mana regen from elemental form (or even close to it really) I would much rather be in elemental form over the mount. Would be great to have the choice be in the hands of each mage.

Savil