Best way to Raise Faction in HoT?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Mendoros07
Magician

Best way to Raise Faction in HoT?

Post by Mendoros07 »

As a casual player, I've managed to get Tier 4 for my main and my alts. However none of them have the faction to purchase the chest type 15 aug. I've helped a few friends as well with getting their flagging done in HoT and thus have done many of the missions over and over. I am still amiable only. Any ideas what I can play around with say once a day to get the needed faction? Unlike previous expansions, killing mobs does not give particular faction, unless I am hunting in the wrong zones. I spend all my time in SS or Ship etc... or Grounds just getting augs now so I never get any faction.
Yaddab
Elementalist

Re: Best way to Raise Faction in HoT?

Post by Yaddab »

Faction in HoT comes from teh group and solo missions. Raspers guide explains it all here

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... ction.html

There is only one faction in House of Thule, Dream Delvers. You start out at Apprehensive (-100) to them. Each kill task you do is with 5 faction. Each non-kill task is worth 10 faction. Each group mission is worth 20 faction. And if you complete all tasks and missions for a specific zone you get a one-time award of a Trophy (placeable, gives a tribute option) and 25 faction.

Raising this faction has a few benefits:

Apprehensive (-100 to -1)
This is the starting rank. You can trade in Minor, Lesser, and Median Nebulous Dream Fragments for level 86, 87, and 88 rank 2 spells. You can purchase a set of tier 1 quality non-vis items for 30 Dream Motes each.

Indifferent (0 to 99)
At this point you can trade in Greater and Glowing Nebulous Dream Fragments for level 89 and 90 rank 2 spells. You can purchase a set of tier 2 quality non-vis items for 30 Dream Motes each. You can also purchase the rank 1 spells which are not sold for plat for 30 Dream Motes each. Lastly there is a 15 purity aug available for 75 Dream Motes.

Amiable (100 to 499)
At this point you can trade in Tangible Dream Fragments for rank 3 spells. If you have completed progression to enter tier 3 you can purchase a set of tier 3 quality non-vis items for 30 Dream Motes each, likewise if you have tier 4 access you can purchase a set of tier 4 gear. The Type 3 Focus augments are offered for 200 Dream Motes each. Lastly you unlock a 20 purity aug for 90 Dream Motes.

Kindly (500 to 749)
At this point, if you have at least tier 3 access, you gain access to 4 emblems, Emblem of Rallying Dreams, Emblem of Ambitious Dreams, Emblem of Dreams, Emblem of Aggresive Dreams,

Warmly (750 to 1149)
At this point there is a 25 purity aug for 300 Dream Motes.

Ally (1150+)
Absolutely nothing.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Mendoros07 wrote:As a casual player, I've managed to get Tier 4 for my main and my alts. However none of them have the faction to purchase the chest type 15 aug. I've helped a few friends as well with getting their flagging done in HoT and thus have done many of the missions over and over. I am still amiable only. Any ideas what I can play around with say once a day to get the needed faction? Unlike previous expansions, killing mobs does not give particular faction, unless I am hunting in the wrong zones. I spend all my time in SS or Ship etc... or Grounds just getting augs now so I never get any faction.

The game is set up so that if you go through all of the missions necessary to be able to request the main mission that unlocks each progression tier to go on to the next that you will have the faction. My suggestion would be to follow this guide:

http://www.zoywiki.com/index.php/HoT

and back track as many missions as necessary that you have not done. You can check your ingame achievement window to see what you are missing to that you can enjoy the variety of content, versus just doing the same missions over and over. The lore that is built into the progression missions is actually quite entertaining.
Last edited by Danille on Sun May 22, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mendoros07
Magician

Post by Mendoros07 »

Nice very good. I was being lazy really -- got folks that actually did the legwork to request all the work. Started from scratch and knocked all the missions off in Feerrott and now moving on. Might as well see all of them right? Wish the double faction/xp/rare would go on for a bit longer.