Idea for Guild mercs

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Lifnuker

Idea for Guild mercs

Post by Lifnuker »

Cant post on the forums yet, going to sub main account when F2P happens.

Anyways. What do you guys think about guild mercs? The power based off the content the guild had beaten? It could cost plat, guild coins(like the marks you can buy for the normal mercs)

Have a limit of the mercs that can be used. Like 6 tank 6 clerics, 6 caster and so on.

I think it would help the dev with the headache of creating content/or what ever stopping them from upgrading their power.

If i remember SoD beta right we had more tier mercs? This is a reason for them to be used
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Idea for Guild mercs

Post by Voragath »

They planned to have more merc tiers but the idea became scrapped once they realized how intensive the AI program writing was. They don't have the time/manpower to code more tiers of AI.

Their power infinitely scales with the player. They level when the player does, they gain rank 2 spells on leveling up, etc.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

I assume you mean for raids?

IMO horrible idea. They are scripted casters/meleers and do stupid things. Too many things in raids are reactive and you can't follow a script. They would have to give you command to tell the merc exact who to heal/attack and where to stand. Also I am sure they would get hit with spells and I do no think programmers are going to default tell them they should run away/duck/get a cure/etc.. It would be more of a headache trying to script each merc type to be reactive to a raid environment.
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

I think they should do this even if all it is is upgrade to rank3 spells.
Lifnuker

Post by Lifnuker »

My idea was not for raid mercs but a limited amount of them to be used by its members at a time. A reward to the guild for progression
Danille

Post by Danille »

Lifnuker wrote:My idea was not for raid mercs but a limited amount of them to be used by its members at a time. A reward to the guild for progression
wonderful idea!