Pet items on corpse

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Elizabeta

Pet items on corpse

Post by Elizabeta »

Voragath asked me to post this over here...

<snip> Either way we were left with an earth pet that belonged to the mages corpse (see the title under the pet name). Upon killing it i linked the items. The armor and trinkets seem to be the normal player summonable items and just linked the one item i knew was unusual.

Unanswered is whether pets have a range slot. There is not an item for it, but it does not mean that there is no available spot.

Also it has been noted that Fluffy is missing a haste mask and a wrist slot item (only one bracer/let is on)
EM14 is the pet focus.

Last edited by Jedis on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jedis
Administrator

Re: Pet items on corpse

Post by Jedis »

Something is odd with this post. I had to remove the first sentence to get it to post properly.
Elizabeta

Post by Elizabeta »

I do not know how the mage pet became independent. As far as i know there is no charm function in the Time and Tides raid, so it must have been just that perfect timing of casting and player death. Either way we were left with an earth pet that belonged to the mage's corpse (see the title under the pet name). Upon killing it i linked the items. The armor and trinkets seem to be the normal player summonable items and just linked the one item i knew was unusual.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Those looking will also note, and this has been making the rounds, that the mask is missing. A mage said that it actually is supposed to have only one wrist so that might be ok.

I've bugged the snot out of Aristo about if the mask is supposed to be on the pet and to double check to see if the pet is spawning with the mask; if there is supposed to be another wrist; and my last PM asked about the range slot just because it's been posted on live for a few days.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

I remember a Dev posting in the past that NPCs only had one wrist slot, so that should be correct.

It missing the mask sounds like an oversight.
Forte

Post by Forte »

This is an instance where the loss of eq1.eqsummoners.com is causing way too much time to be spent on this particular issue. Since it pertains to something I remember reasonably well, I'll relate it here.

Pets only have one slot for rings, earrings and bracers.

Pets historically have had a range slot. I assume this goes for VoA pets as well, so I am still giving mine javelins for it.

The cloak is a special case, to wit:

There is no " standard " cloak for Magician pets; the stats are directly linked to certain stats and Mod 2's of the summoning mage. Since the owner of this pet had been recently killed, the cloak may be reflecting the mage's death/res effects. The actual values for hp/mana regen, for instance, should probably be higher.

I'll be raiding VoA T3 tonight, and if I go down I'll try to remember to check my stats while awaiting a res. Then I can come back here and edit this as needed.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Forte wrote: Pets historically have had a range slot. I assume this goes for VoA pets as well, so I am still giving mine javelins for it.
Just FYI, I tested this and pets DO in fact have a ranged slot. Easy way to verify it. Cast elemental draw (800dmg to pet, will be less do to the cloak with your pet focus), and then equip pet with a ranged item with spell shielding, and cast elemental draw again and look at the damage amount. I did this with various items resummoning my pet each time, casting elemental draw before equipping pet, and after equipping pet with ranged and in every instance it lowered the damage do to the spell shielding on the ranged item.

I'll be testing tonight after work to verify once and for all whether pets have more than one ear, ring, bracer slot (I know there's already been verification of this, but I want to just do the test again just so people can see). If I equip one ring with spell shielding, it should lower elemental draw dmg, and if I equip a second one, it should lower it even futher. If it doesn't lower it even further, then the pet only has 1 ring slot.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Forte wrote: There is no " standard " cloak for Magician pets; the stats are directly linked to certain stats and Mod 2's of the summoning mage. Since the owner of this pet had been recently killed, the cloak may be reflecting the mage's death/res effects. The actual values for hp/mana regen, for instance, should probably be higher.
No, the cloak is specifically tied to the EM focus that the mage used to summon the pet. This has been the case since SoF and was in the patch notes for it.

I ran into Koz today, fortunately, and he thinks that the info about the cloaks was never in the patch notes. He worked with a dev to get all the armor and cloak stuff implemented so he thinks it was a post by him--which is likely long gone by now.

I'm going to try, again, to get Aristo to make or give me official word on what pets have. The only official notice I found in patch notes was from July, 5, 2007: "Mage pets from The Serpents Spine will now spawn pre-equipped with a full set of Phantom Plate armor."

Koz does remember that pets were supposed to get a mask, and that it is not the one from the cauldron.
Last edited by Voragath on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Found the post by Koz about gear, nothing on cloaks. If I can find one on cloaks, I'll post it. The following link takes you to Koz's post:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... id=1774491

What his post says: "The SoF pets are being summoned automatically with all gear except weapons."
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Voragath wrote:Found the post by Koz about gear, nothing on cloaks. If I can find one on cloaks, I'll post it. The following link takes you to Koz's post:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... id=1774491

What his post says: "The SoF pets are being summoned automatically with all gear except weapons."
Voragath, I remember the comment about the cloaks was a post on the beta boards for the SoF beta. I was in the beta and pretty active in the beta during the SoF beta and I remember specifically a post in the beta forums about how the cloaks work. I don't have the exact verbage, but I remember it being explained that the cloaks are based on the pet focus (in other words, the pet must be focused to get a cloak, unfocused would mean no cloak, but that would be easy enough to verify based on elemental draw and taking off focus before summoning pet) and starts only on 76+ pets and that he was thinking about doing it starting on lower tier pets, but they didn't have time in the beta to tie the cloaks to anything other than the SoF pets.