Pet items on corpse

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Pet items on corpse

Post by Voragath »

Hah! Running into koz today has been fortunate! And I'm glad your back around posting Darkener as I've seen a few of your posts on the pet gear. You have some well-rounded lists on that.

Here's a link some of you might enjoy about the pet gear. It says "dev" and I'm assuming that's Rytan since that is who Koz said he dealt with. http://eqmagicians.com/page/focused-pet-armor
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Voragath wrote:Hah! Running into koz today has been fortunate! And I'm glad your back around posting Darkener as I've seen a few of your posts on the pet gear. You have some well-rounded lists on that.

Here's a link some of you might enjoy about the pet gear. It says "dev" and I'm assuming that's Rytan since that is who Koz said he dealt with. http://eqmagicians.com/page/focused-pet-armor
Glad to be back! Although I can't be very active unfortunately do to having started a family and all, so I'm even to the point where I need to play on test because I just don't have the time to be able to keep up in level/AAs anymore on a live server, and i'm especially unable to raid anymore. Playing on test has its merits though like permanent double exp, it allows me to test things with mage mechanics do to being able to just /testcopy gear down like for example the ranged item test I did last night. I bought a full suit of gear from my emarr toons, and /testcopy them down for my pets, so it's easy for me to just throw away good gear on pets since I can copy them down every 8 hours lol..
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

I went through the patch notes on the official boards exhaustively and didn't see much of anything about newer pet gear. You can search all the patch notes at the link below.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/forum ... um_id=1240
Forte

Post by Forte »

Voragath wrote:
Forte wrote: There is no " standard " cloak for Magician pets; the stats are directly linked to certain stats and Mod 2's of the summoning mage. Since the owner of this pet had been recently killed, the cloak may be reflecting the mage's death/res effects. The actual values for hp/mana regen, for instance, should probably be higher.
No, the cloak is specifically tied to the EM focus that the mage used to summon the pet. This has been the case since SoF and was in the patch notes for it.

I ran into Koz today, fortunately, and he thinks that the info about the cloaks was never in the patch notes. He worked with a dev to get all the armor and cloak stuff implemented so he thinks it was a post by him--which is likely long gone by now.

I'm going to try, again, to get Aristo to make or give me official word on what pets have. The only official notice I found in patch notes was from July, 5, 2007: "Mage pets from The Serpents Spine will now spawn pre-equipped with a full set of Phantom Plate armor."

Koz does remember that pets were supposed to get a mask, and that it is not the one from the cauldron.
I don't recall ever seing anything " official " ( i.e. from SOE ) one way or the other regarding the specifics of the functioning of the cloak. And I recall nothing whatsoever of it being linked to the pet focus.

I do recall, quite distinctly, seeing a post from someone with a certain degree of knowledge ( Koz maybe... but it may have been someone else, this goes back a few years ) stating that the cloak was linked to the mage's Mod 2s.

So, either the cloak was changed, or the functioning was incorrectly described by someone back then. Either way, if its now tied to the focus that's fine, as long as we KNOW. :P
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

so no pet is summoned with a mask then?
Miphon
Elementalist

Post by Miphon »

Should be easy enough to test for a difference of 15% haste difference with some test parsing. Given each pet/focus combination is coded separately perhaps there are instances where items have been missed such as the 94 earth pet with EM14 focus.

Another question that is pertinent to this discussion. Is there a limit to the number of different items that can be looted from a mob's corpse? Could run some tests with a charmed mob i suppose. Might log the druid on tonight and gear up a mob with a full suite of gear and test that out.
Last edited by Miphon on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Well after my test today, I can officially confirm from my own test that pets do NOT have more than 1 bracer/ring/earring slot. Giving my pet a second bracer/earring/ring with spellshielding on it did not in fact change the elemental draw dmg on my pet at all. Only the first ring/ear/bracer I gave it affected the elemental draw dmg.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Ok, I've confirmed it. Pets are not coming pre-equipped with their mask. The good news is that they will after the next patch.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Good info. Thanks.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

Forte wrote:Pets historically have had a range slot. I assume this goes for VoA pets as well, so I am still giving mine javelins for it.
Returning mage catching up on old posts. :) Can someone elaborate on what the javelin is?