Help Increasing my boxing efficiency 95 Druid+Mage

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Kraymerica
Magician

Re: Help Increasing my boxing efficiency 95 Druid+Mage

Post by Kraymerica »

I might run my bard as a third just to help with the voa missions. What song lineup would be the best mix of helping the Mage, pet, and RS?
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

I use

-aura [of course] (overhaste and spell focus)
-WarMarch (RS haste, and DS)
-Mana regen
-Psalm of Veeshan (resists and DS)
-Pyrotechnics line (base dd boost)

But this is for AA farming, might not apply to VoA missions. You might want to use the Mitigation song.

WarMarch dmg shield uses slot 4, your main DS uses slot 1 but has a FR component in slot 2 that doesn't stack with Psalm. But when you melody Psalm it will stack. Ranger cloak (if you're using a ranger) uses slot 2 for DS, so it will stack. Your Surge also uses slot 4 for DS, so that won't stack with Bard's WarMarch. Clear as mud?
Pyrotechnics should stack with spell focus and Aura. I used to trio Bard Mage Wizard, and I think the DDs were hitting massively well.

Try it out and let me know, will ya?
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

I thought it might warrant mentioning that only the aura spell affects the RS pet. WarMarch and the other songs do not. But still Bard's efficiency is much better than an enchanter's. Faster pulls, faster kills, better mitigation, and you get to enjoy the Mage's DPS abilities much more. I actually have to pause for a med break every 20 mins. If named is pulled I pull a merc cleric or two out of my pocket.

To tune efficiency I only summon RS pet when mob is down to 75%. Often times this requires only 1 RS (upon summon the combined might of Jules (my pet), my nukes, and RS attacking from behind brings mob down by 60% and into flee mode.

I've tweaked bard songs a bit:
Bard pulls with 1 min slow. Then I melody in order:
1-Harmony of Sound (allows mage nukes to hit better)
2-Pyrotechnics (fire dd boost)
3-Chorus for Mana and Hp regen
4-Single target slow and snare (just before HoS wears off)
Situational:
5- WarMarch (pet gets atk, ds, and haste if Burnout faded)

this method allows my nukes to hit for about 40% more - and not get those annoying resists - and get some GoM procs prior to sending in pet. Sometimes I tank with bard for a few rounds to make RS dps more. Hence bard > chanter.

If I pull 2 I have a second melody key that targets 2nd mob and cycles:
/xtar2
/Melody:
1-HoS
2-Mez
3-Chorus
4-Pyrotechnics

But if you're just using a bard for standing still and boosting group, just go with the previous post.
Kraymerica
Magician

Post by Kraymerica »

Thanks Vincentt, I will give those a try.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Vincentt, I am unsure what level Bard you are playing with, but if it is anywhere near 95 you are not doing as good as it should be. It would appear your bard is probably 80 and lower which might be the issue.

However, to Kray the proper songs you should be using will be:

Aria of the Orator.
Hykast's Song of Suffering.
Daevan's Aria.
War March of Illdarea or Terasal's Spry Sonata or Chorus of Lunnayn.

Aura of the Orator.

Aria enhances your Spell DMG, pet haste, Overhaste and flurry chance for your pets.

Hykasts is a melee proc for 5.2k DMG or so.

Daevan's Aria is a DMG add onto every nuke that gets cast, to the tune of 1.1k DMG give or take.

War March is a DS, Terasal's is a mitigation dealio and Chorus helps with mana regeneration.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

Correct, bard is under 80! (74)

But yeah basically upgrade the song types to what's current in the 90s.

I'm constantly tweaking. And most situations are situational; agreeing with the recommends above.

I'm trying this 5 song combo now and find it is half decent (and in this specific order):

1-Hos [resist debuff]
2-mitigation 7% melee+spells
3-regen chorus
4-slow+snare
5-WarMarch

I'm trying to focus more dps using the pets and dmg shields. Reading on bard songs in higher levs and they seem promising. What I love most about the bard is the everything.
jarsh92

Post by jarsh92 »

Vincentt wrote:Correct, bard is under 80! (74)

But yeah basically upgrade the song types to what's current in the 90s.

I'm constantly tweaking. And most situations are situational; agreeing with the recommends above.

I'm trying this 5 song combo now and find it is half decent (and in this specific order):

1-Hos [resist debuff]
2-mitigation 7% melee+spells
3-regen chorus
4-slow+snare
5-WarMarch

I'm trying to focus more dps using the pets and dmg shields. Reading on bard songs in higher levs and they seem promising. What I love most about the bard is the everything.
I would drop HoS (unless you are having tons of resists) and put melee proc song in there. Song should proc a bunch when you start adding your pet DPS AAs. I can't remember the other song I use to run, but I haven't twisted slow in such a long time. Pets seem to be doing such a good job taking hits and I normally have the mob down in around 30 secs anyway.

I always try to keep the most offensive songs running on my bard.....that is unless Im trying to take on much tougher content. Then I just use him to pull and bring the mob in predebuffed, slowed, and snared. Then start the offensive twist and go burn on mage.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

If the proc song would work on all pets (RS & host) I'd definitely be a proponent of it. But I'm sure it only affect the main pet. Can't hurt to try, I guess, I've never been a fan of proc's ...

I need the snare for the mobs I'm currently fighting. The slow is just a bonus if "pull slow" resists.