What did you name your pet?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Aanelyen
Magician

Re: What did you name your pet?

Post by Aanelyen »

Blondie (I usually have the air pet up...)

My Shaman's pet is Dustbunny
Last edited by Aanelyen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eubedyen
Magician

Post by Eubedyen »

Eyebedyen here for my pet
Aither
Elementalist

Post by Aither »

Stoicheion is my pets name, its a transliteration of the greek stoixeíon; to simplify it means elemental spirit. I'm guessing that i just won the nerd of the year award.

stoicheion: one of a row, hence a letter (of the alphabet), by ext. the elements (of knowledge)
Original Word: στοιχεῖον, ου, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: stoicheion
Phonetic Spelling: (stoy-khi'-on)
Short Definition: a heavenly body, an element
Definition: (a) plur: the heavenly bodies, (b) a rudiment, an element, a rudimentary principle, an elementary rule.

stoixeíon– properly, fundamentals, like with the basic components of a philosophy, structure, etc.; (figuratively) "first principles," like the basic fundamentals of Christianity.

[4747 (stoixeíon) refers to "the rudiments with which mankind . . . were indoctrinated (before the time of Christ), i.e. the elements of religious training or the ceremonial precepts common alike to the worship of Jews and of Gentiles" (J. Thayer).

The RSV however renders stoixeia as "elemental spirits," i.e. spiritual powers or "cosmic spirits" (DNTT, 2, 828). This views 4747 /stoixeíon ("elements") as ancient astral beings associated with the very beginning (make-up) of the earth.]
Last edited by Aither on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cindayen1234
Magician

Post by Cindayen1234 »

Mine is monster.
rvd

Post by rvd »

Don't make Gimpy keep Monster in check Cind
Zzzeegg

Post by Zzzeegg »

It strikes me that you are all taking this game far too seriously... My pet is called Trevor (sorry to all the Trevors out there but it's a long story).
Ghem and Boo
Elementalist

Post by Ghem and Boo »

I named mine ... Boo. Yes as in the "Go for the eyes" kind.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

I lack seriousness. Mine is named Licks.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

WTF?
Aither wrote:Stoicheion is my pets name, its a transliteration of the greek stoixeíon; to simplify it means elemental spirit. I'm guessing that i just won the nerd of the year award.

stoicheion: one of a row, hence a letter (of the alphabet), by ext. the elements (of knowledge)
Original Word: στοιχεῖον, ου, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: stoicheion
Phonetic Spelling: (stoy-khi'-on)
Short Definition: a heavenly body, an element
Definition: (a) plur: the heavenly bodies, (b) a rudiment, an element, a rudimentary principle, an elementary rule.

stoixeíon– properly, fundamentals, like with the basic components of a philosophy, structure, etc.; (figuratively) "first principles," like the basic fundamentals of Christianity.

[4747 (stoixeíon) refers to "the rudiments with which mankind . . . were indoctrinated (before the time of Christ), i.e. the elements of religious training or the ceremonial precepts common alike to the worship of Jews and of Gentiles" (J. Thayer).

The RSV however renders stoixeia as "elemental spirits," i.e. spiritual powers or "cosmic spirits" (DNTT, 2, 828). This views 4747 /stoixeíon ("elements") as ancient astral beings associated with the very beginning (make-up) of the earth.]
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Why you gotta hate on Aither's explanation?

In all honesty though all your pet names pale in comparison to Boss.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams