Recent patch causing aggro-link between Pet and Mage

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Recent patch causing aggro-link between Pet and Mage

Post by Voragath »

Savil wrote:Half-cocked, interesting considering your comments earler... ;) Most of the old CL's always parsed... alot. If it weren't for the people parsing the mage class wouldn't be near what it is today. By your own words on this board you have shown how little value you have for parsing, thats damned sad considering how imporant it is to the class.

Parsing isn't just about DPS vora, if you really understood the class you would understand that. Its a damned shame PJ didn't get the CRT slot. Honestly, you're not much better than Tuli, before long you'll be asking for goofy summoning spells, or stupid pet toys nobody but you would use.... *grin*.

"that thread was fail", half cocked indeed.

Savil
So out of touch..since you only seem to come here to scream at people. Your older posts were the same. Threads on other boards by you seem to be similar.

I value parsing a great deal. Even argued with PJ about getting good parse data. I have parsed pets every beta since UF. I look at and discuss parse data with people all the time. People in the community know I watch parses and parse data.

I guess you missed the memo that the devs have a parser now. They know who can do what. The problem with dps is that it's on a teeter totter; a change in one place could cause an upset somewhere else or with something else. That balance doesn't have anything to do with CRT's. Again, I've never pushed my own ideas or agenda (as Koz did) and I've been against the "goofy" stuff you speak of. It comes up when devs ask if there is something "fun" our class would like and that's it.

Funny you bring up PJ. I actually said something similar to the devs, "it's too bad PJ wasn't picked as a CRT, he knows a lot about mages." Well, not exactly verbatim, it was back when I joined and we were discussing why not 2 of each class, so it's a little fuzzy. Maybe he gets in this time. Him or Aither wouldn't be bad.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Lol.

Parsing is important to any class plain and simple. The devs might be able to parse but they do not know what goes into the parses. They have no idea what we use to get our level of DPs unless we tell them. A perfect example of this is the Vapor Core additions which make it clearly worse then Fire Core. Our new Robe click adding on to Bolt and not Spear. They are very clueless when it comes to knowing the ins and outs of classes and their posts show this.

Having data and not knowing what it means or how it was brought about is worse then not parsing at all. Devs prove this month after month when they make asinine changes that do nothing to solve issues or nerf classes for no reason.

As to me being CRT it wont happen, willing to bet 100k on it. I do my own thing though to bypass that somewhat and that will still continue to happen. Vora will probably get a second term and things will happen this year like they did last year. It is what it is, not everyone will be happy with how that plays out but it is a reality.

Should really be posting this in the CRT thread though.

Looking forward to SoF Beta tbh.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Again I'll state, parsing isn't just about DPS. You keep talking about DPS, over and over... Just in the last few days you have made posts *downplaying* the value of parsing, yet here you are trying to act as if you didn't.

I did indeed know the devs had added a parser to get an idea of class DPS, I also agree with PJ's comments about it and won't bother going beyond that.

As for you not having a personal agenda, well, actually I tend to agree with you, you would have to actually be more than a common yes man, rubber stamping ideas by the devs, to have a personal agenda. The sad fact is PJ has *forgotten* more about being a mage than you will ever know, he would have been a far better choice for CRT than you. Your own posts have proven this time and time again. I'll let your own history in this matter speak for itself.

I won't bother answering the junk you put at the top of your post, its not worth the time.

Savil
Last edited by Savil on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zegzag

Post by Zegzag »

Savil wrote:Again I'll state, parsing isn't just about DPS. You keep talking about DPS, over and over... Just in the last few days you have made posts *downplaying* the value of parsing, yet here you are trying to act as if you didn't.
Please enlighten us since you seem to think Vora knows nothing of what his job a CRT requires and you do I'd love to hear it.
Savil wrote:As for you not having a personal agenda, well, actually I tend to agree with you, you would have to actually be more than a common yes man, rubber stamping ideas by the devs, to have a personal agenda.
Why do you care about his personal agenda or lack there of?
Savil wrote:The sad fact is PJ has *forgotten* more about being a mage than you will ever know
Hmm I didn't know PJ had other people speaking for him now, I had no idea he had forgotten so many lost secrets and arts to being a mage, and I consider him one of the best in game /shrug

Savil wrote: I won't bother answering the junk you put at the top of your post, its not worth the time.
Then why even reply in the first place lol ?

All I hear is whining and no support to Vora, ya we know you don't like him as the CRT rep for mages but you don't have to beat it dead. Was he the best choice for CRT who knows maybe PJ was it we will never know because there will never be the perfect someone for the slot. Its like saying we found the perfect candidate for president it won't happen. Just deal with it and help him make the class better is all, he ask all the time for our input on things so I don't know what your problem is unless you just hate the guy, but hey I hate him a couple times out of the week my self :P

anyways /rant off
Danille

Post by Danille »

To be considered for a role as an CRT, historically the more vocal, in your face, applicants tend to struggle with the following requirement:

- Be an upstanding member of the community with relatively clean posts, and a history of not attacking fellow players and/or SOE employees.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Heya Zegzag, my issue with him is simple, he tries to ride the middle of the road far to often and gets nothing done because of it. I can recall times in the past hes taken credit for others work as well. He downplays parsing (he has for a long time actually) and then when called on it tries to act as if he doesn't, yet can't seem to understand that you parse for things other than DPS.

I can recall a time that mages crit chance wasn't updated correctly and until wire parsed it out and handed the data to the devs nothing was done, hell nobody even knew about it. I can remember a similar issue around pet defensives being broken. Many things have required parsing to get fixed that had zero to do with mage DPS. IMHO a mage CRT member shouldn't have to be told about this and should be parsing to *ensure* the class is doing what it should, not just *blindly* accepting the devs word that it does. The devs have proven time and time again that if somebody isn't bitching about a bug they could give a smurf less, if they even know about it in the first place.

As for PJ, PJ / Vora know why I said what I did. PJ works his *ass* off for the mage class. I know this for fact because when I was really active the both of us were talking / parsing this smurf all the time. Vora just passes along info and acts as if hes actually doing something. I'll let PJ add to this if he wants too.

I completely agree with you about nobody being a perfect fit for the job, but sometimes his comments get under my skin, esp when he talks about mage DPS, a topic he really doesn't know that much about in the first place.

I do tend to be much more blunt about this now, I don't have to be political about it anymore. I've talked to vora enough in SW mage and on this board to know his skill level, and I do still speak to many people that are still very active in game.

Savil

Savil
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Danille wrote:To be considered for a role as an CRT, historically the more vocal, in your face, applicants tend to struggle with the following requirement:

- Be an upstanding member of the community with relatively clean posts, and a history of not attacking fellow players and/or SOE employees.
HAHAHAHA, thats great, you *clearly* have never met / played with Tonzofo (zerker crt). Tonzofo was one of the most aggressive in your face players / posters I've ever seen, exp when you said something that was clearly stupid and wrong.

What SoE really wants is a suck up that agrees with them and will rubber stamp anything they put out, no matter how stupid the idea is. They want a yes man, and somebody that will spend time defending them left and right on boards such as this one. IMHO they found the perfect one for mage CRT... Sorry, its just MHO, you can agree or disagree with it as you see fit. Its no secret the to of us tend to not see eye to eye.

Savil
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

This thred has obviously been derailed, can we agree to disagree.

Truth of the matter is we have what we have and we have to work with it whether we agree with it or not. We can not help if SoE does not choose the person we would prefer or our person fails to meet expectations (I am not saying whether or not I agree with all our CRT do). You can volunteer to be a CRT and hope you get selected if you really want to "try" make a change or hope SoE picks someone who will work with you. Short of that you are out of options. A back and forth slamming each other on boards SoE does not use to make changes, does nothing. In the end, if that all fails and you can't stand it anymore, I recommend moving on to somethign else. This is a game. I do not agree with everything SoE has and will do. I know that. I also understand they are in control. If they make the product suck too bad for me to continue, I'll quit. That is the only way they would truly listen if everyone stopped playing, let's not fool ourselves. Short of that they will run a business and control it how they feel like.
rvd

Post by rvd »

Voragath wrote:Ok, here's an update. As of now, it's unknown what's causing the issue. Aristo is aware and the issue has been kicked up to figure out why it's happening and to find a fix.

I'll give another update if/when I get more info.

To be clear and to stop any rumormongering: Anything wrong with them is just that bizarre issue with EQ when you mess with code. Stuff like: x item now displays blue but oh, look, doing that makes mounts disappear in zone y now...hmmm

Any news on this vora? I know Aristo was on vacation and with SoF update but its been a few months and haven't seen anything mentioned on this.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Just as verification, as of that patch when the fire pet got bugged, (and still as of today 4-16-13) if your fire pet casts a spell on a mob, the mob summons the mage and NOT the pet. That is really messed up.
Last edited by Danille on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.