Pet nerfing

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
bigdadt
Trial Member

Pet nerfing

Post by bigdadt »

Why they have to mess with our pets, sure they could tank the beast in bd but only with 6 clerics healing jc a druid with t1 group gear could too. Guilds still don't consider mages dps with a pet that dies to ae's or a rampage what kind of advantage do we have our nukes are slow as molasses and hit for half of other casters {wizzies} lol n ecro do 187k dps without a pet and poor mage has to work to get 75k with pet, beastl;ords can tank and dot and have a burly pet, mages only one that relies on his pet for existence and they want to nerf it cause some people cried it bs and mages getting abused by sony as usual.
Gnomeland
Elementalist

Re: Pet nerfing

Post by Gnomeland »

The pet nerf is a lot bigger than the announcements make it out to be. Yes, pets are still able to tank content fine, but the hp nerf is pretty big.

Last I checked, with EM 13 before nerf the earth pet was sitting comfortably around 150k hp. Now it's 120-130ish with EM 14. You see this when you do your symbiosis and the pet drops 3% of its hp instead of 2%.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Some people need to go back to school and learn the definition of "slight." By their definition, the IRS only takes a slight amount of your pay each week in taxes.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

If you think it is that bad, provide data that backs up your claim.

Until you do the parsing and present it so that it is actually meaningful you have no say in the matter really. Parses were shown, its a nerf but its not an OMG we can not do anything nerf. It will not get changed until there is data showing that pets can not function in that they no longer will allow us to solo effectively. You won't be able to provide facts on the AC/HP nerf that supports those claims.

Dwelling will provide nothing positive, and it will hinder us from making strides to alleviate it.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I didn't say it was unworkable. I said that them trying to pass them off as "slight" wrong. The definition of slight is "Small in degree; inconsiderable." You cannot by any stretch of the imagination say these changes were slight, just as in the same way you can't say the amount of money pulled out of your pay for taxes is slight.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

But PJ, havn't you been reading?? Parses don't mean anything! /nod

Savil
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

svenalo wrote:I didn't say it was unworkable. I said that them trying to pass them off as "slight" wrong. The definition of slight is "Small in degree; inconsiderable." You cannot by any stretch of the imagination say these changes were slight, just as in the same way you can't say the amount of money pulled out of your pay for taxes is slight.
You need to read. The slight changes are the AC/HP nerf. They are slight and will go largely unnoticed. Those are the only changes where the word slight has been mentioned afaik.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

The HP changes I have seen posted and documented look to be far more than a percent or two which to me would be slight. They seem to be more on the order of 10-20% and to me that is not slight.
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

My EM18 earth pet had close to 200k hps with a few buffs. I could deal with a 10% decrease in hps, but 20% would piss me off. Plus the ac nerf which will be harder to see.

How does the AA aegis work now??
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Will you notice your pet missing 20k HP when it had 150k+? Highly unlikely is the point.

And the important thing is the tanking difference, AC/HP combined, is not OMG we are terrible. Its a nerf, but no where near what people think it is.