Spell line up at 90 [group]

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Spell line up at 90 [group]

Post by Vincentt »

Yet another what spells do you have in your 12 slots question! Due to changes and patches thought I'd try a fresh one, and discuss my thoughts. I'm not a raider. I find I'm mostly soloing or duoing on my boxes with a cleric merc.

At 90 this is my plan (in no particular order):

1- Surge of Shadowflares
2- RS
3- Spear of Magma
4- Bolt
5- Fickle
6- Twincast
7- Thaumatize Pet
8- Burning Veil
9- Gather Potential
*10- Chaotic Blessing / Aura
*11- Aegis Kildrakun / Tellurian Stance
*12- Promised Heal / Paradox clicky summon

I'm not crazy about the last 3 and need some guidance.

10- Chaotic Blessing doesn't proc often. I'm thinking keeping the aura in this slot unless someone knows a better use for Chaotic Blessing.
11- Aegis is nice but the AA will replace it soon. Sometimes I use Tellurian Stance can take this slot but since cleric mitigation buff is overriden I use it less.
12- Promised Heal isn't as useful with merc's version being stronger. I'm thinking I should be burning up more clickies.

I have a 2nd gems for pet re-buffs that I rotate in every 30 mins (for Aura usually).
a- Dreamfire DS
b- Burnout
c- Iceflame
d- Paradox
e- Symbiosis
f- Bodyguard
g- Aura

So what's going on?
Vincentt
Conjurer

Re: Spell line up at 90 [group]

Post by Vincentt »

Clearly I have the best possible line up. Hurrah.
Saklar
Trial Member

Post by Saklar »

My spell lineup is geared towards me and my boxes - so some parts of it might not work with your setup. I'm not a raider either, I group 100% of the time. Also I'm 100, not 90, so spells will be slightly different. Anyway:

1. Relentless Servant
2. Spear (95)
3. Spear (100)
4. Shadowflares
5. Bolt
6. Circle of Flameskin
7. Aegis of Nefori
8. Blistersteel Malos
9. Auspice of Shadows
10. Gather Magnitude
11. Grant Icebound Paradox
12. Twincast

One glaring difference in the spell lineups - I don't have a heal. It's simply what works for me - if the cleric merc and my shammy are both dead, most of the time heals aren't going to save me. I also don't use pet procs much - I prefer the ice clicky instead of pet heals.

Just offering my setup for a comparison. Hope it helps. :)

(edit: spelling > me)
Last edited by Saklar on Fri May 17, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I don't group much anymore. It's usually solo (no merc) or raid. I have also recently switched over to non stop rains.
So my lineup is a lil different. The below is solo:

1. Relentless Servant
2. Rain 1
3. Rain 2
4. Fickle
5. Spear
6. Pet Hot
7. Pet heal
8. Twincast
9. Surge
10. Thaumatize
11. Gather
12. Aegis
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

Are your rains that much better? I don't just mean mana efficiency, what about time efficiency?

I always figured with the crit rates of dd nukes - then factoring the damage - and the recast time - they were superior to rains in that mobs die faster. Also should I pull 2 mobs the RS pets can off-tank -- but if they're hit with rain dmg mobs would become interested in my crunchy self when RS dies.

I'm only 90 though, I've read feedback and see that some swear by rains.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Rains are better for both in my experience, but especially how I solo. In the higher level zones, where mobs kill RS before it's full duration you have to move your main pet around quite a bit, but in zones like HoT lower, where the mob dps output isn't enough to kill your RS prematurely; toss out RS's and move your main pet around at your leisure to avoid taking aggro from your pet.

Remember that with multiple mobs, both rains are base 54K and 56K nukes with the possibility of critting for over 200K+ each. Using HoT lower as an example again, I have yet to see any single non named mob last the duration of 2 rains if main pet and RS are on it. So if for any reason I ever pull a single mob there, I just don't bother using RS.

I tested it in Chelsith as well with the same results (they just take longer to kill), but I never attempt to pull more than 2 at a time there, with the occasional 3. If I ever feel I'll be getting more than singles consistently, I pull up a merc.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

^ great feedback, ty.
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

Sorry to Rez an old thread, but I have to suggest using the symbiosis line for the mana regen
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

bluejaye wrote:Sorry to Rez an old thread, but I have to suggest using the symbiosis line for the mana regen
I find myself not using surge very often, so when soloing or grouping I've replaced that with symbiosis. I don't bother wasting a spell slot on symbiosis though when raiding, though I will usually pull it up and hit pet a few mins before target engage, then drop it. At 17 min duration, it usually lasts the fight.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Also, on raid these days, I've dropped the aegis spell for shield of fate. For aegis, I just use the AA when needed.