Prayer Shawl of the Duke

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Cielli
Conjurer

Prayer Shawl of the Duke

Post by Cielli »

I'm wondering how this proc works... As I understand it, when you have a weapon proc ( spell ) ... The Primary proc on the weapon has a chance to land, If it does not, your secondary Proc ( aug ) has a chance after that.... But how would the Shawl proc fit into this?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Prayer Shawl of the Duke

Post by Voragath »

Are you asking if the shawl would proc before a weapon proc? It also depends on where you put the proc as well. I am not clear on the order and I think PJ once tried to determine the order as well.

I'm curious, though why everyone is concerned on /when/ it will proc. It seems to me that a mana proc would be beneficial over no proc so I'd think people would throw it on and not worry. Or is everyone trying to figure out the spot to make it proc the most? Or is it just general curiosity?
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

I'm wondering, if it's going to be like a third down the line proc... ( IE only if the other 2 dont proc ) then it's proc rate is going to be relatively low ( compared with a primary weapon proc ), so i may not care to go through the work for the aug.
Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

My experience is that it procs quite a lot, no numbers though just experience/feeling
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Cielli wrote:I'm wondering, if it's going to be like a third down the line proc... ( IE only if the other 2 dont proc ) then it's proc rate is going to be relatively low ( compared with a primary weapon proc ), so i may not care to go through the work for the aug.
Ahh, interesting. If the proc rate is the same as the other, then yes, it procs quite often. It makes a significant difference.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

It procs quite often, at least a couple times each fight. This is true of both the melee version on my beast and the caster version on my mage.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre