Gina triggers

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Gina triggers

Post by svenalo »

Anyone got a Gina trigger set for mage specific stuff? I don't need things about event specific things - such as run when XYZ emote happens - but I am looking for what people might be using besides those.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Re: Gina triggers

Post by Potawatomi »

A few in my guild use them for Twincast(spell and AA), gather spell, Coh and a few others I'm probably forgetting.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

In addition to the above, I have some set for cauldron, symbiosis, thaumatize pet, BP clickies, FBO, FC, gather, and a few other aa's, spells, clickies I'm constantly hitting as they refresh.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

so these are triggers to tell you when somethings refreshed, & when buffs run out? can someone explain how to set it up cause i could use those.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Basically, you set it up so that when you cast the spell, it displays a timer on your screen. I don't use GINA so I can't tell you the exact procedure. I tinkered with GINA over a year ago but I remember that it was just like GTT that when you set up a trigger, it has an option asking if you want it to display a timer.

Timers are good for hidden hotkeys (e.g. a hotkey on the second page of hot bar 1 or a clicky). You can also use the timers to quickly glance and see when a certain ability might be available so you can plan ahead.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Audio Triggers and GTT all overrated. Old school or bust :P

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Piemastaj wrote:Audio Triggers and GTT all overrated. Old school or bust :P
Lol, I'm with yah there. I use a few audio triggers here and there, but that's it.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

If it's a buff or twincast popping up or whatever, those I can see easy enough and really don't want triggers for those - the screen is far too cluttered as it is. However when a battle is going and the spam rolling, even with routing things to alternate windows, some stuff inevitably gets missed and I like Gina for those cases (and formerly GTT - switched to Gina because it autoarchives EQ logs keeping them small). The tool seems to catch everything and alerts me, and it doesn't seem to lag the game as much as the ingame system seems to do.