Our AA burn discs in conjunction with other classes

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Cielli
Conjurer

Re: Our AA burn discs in conjunction with other classes

Post by Cielli »

Mageburns2.jpg
mageburns3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Cielli on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

MageBurns5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

What's your spell damage/ other things running during those 90k rains? Your rains should be breaking 100k every rain, so between 600-700k per twincast Rain (with burn going).
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Just click on my magelo.

Think the rains were hitting for 92 something.
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Cielli wrote:Just click on my magelo.

I don't use magelo, hence I asked. Was trying to figure out why you're not hitting over 100k on your rains. SD is about a 1 to 10 ration when it comes to our rains, which is extremely helpful, and important for maximizing damage with our rains.
Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

Enkel wrote:
Cielli wrote:Just click on my magelo.

I don't use magelo, hence I asked. Was trying to figure out why you're not hitting over 100k on your rains. SD is about a 1 to 10 ration when it comes to our rains, which is extremely helpful, and important for maximizing damage with our rains.

Did a quick check on your magelo, about 10-12 aug slots without spell dmg (and btw without evo/conj focus stone, but different matter). Filling those aug slots with spell dmg augs should help a ton.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

I'm pretty happy with my setup. Max hitpoint augs/powersource, & gear. It will last me through the expansion. I did 108kdps on aaryonar last week for 180 seconds, just shrugging off his rampage. I buff out at 110k+ hitpoints, 120k with a cleric..

Dead mages do no damage.

I'm happy with my setup for now. I have spell-dmg augs for all of my slots, I may try a max spell dmg setup next expansion, dunno... I'm #1 or #2 in dps parses for most events. Spell damage only accounts for 2/3 of our total damage. I did some very basic calculations when thinking about my gear, & calculated a gain of roughly 3% in overrall dps by going with the gear with highest spell damage, vs the gear with highest hitpoints. & So I chose hitpoints, & I'm glad I did. I seldomly die, so I'm very reliable, very high dps.

Tweynes stone of evocation is in my Glove slot, btw.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I wouldn't actively go after the augs you have but I do like your setup. SD isn't the end all be all of augs I look for myself. I like a good balance. :)
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Sliggles magic powders a good one, 240 hp's, 8 heroic sta ( 150 more hitpoints ) so almost 400 on that one
Fabled orb of the frozen king, 200 hitpoints + 8 her sta
Yellow stone of power, 240 hitpoints, 8 her sta

Some of the others are Iffy, but they're all at least 250 hitpoints when you take into account the heroic STA on them, but I did replace Fjeka's fang with Quicksilver globule which was a good upgrade I'd been meaning to get my hands on. 8 Spell damage for a loss of 90 hitpoints is a good deal imo.

Some people are spell dmg > all ... & will equip say... double pronged grendlaen incisor. But 0 hp's for 7 spell damage is a little crazy to me.

Candle of Hollow souls is going to replace sparkling scale for me, & then I'll be done with augs until anything else new comes out.
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

I have all the mages in my guild use SD augs. I don't worry about them dying unless they mess up, because we have some great healers. Deaths happen, but usually the few thousand extra hp from augs wouldn't save us from some of the AE going off. SD will not take a mage from 180k to 200k burns, but it will add several thousand if you optimize your aug slots.

108k dps is fairly good for 180 seconds, but why were you getting hit by the rampage :P ? Either way, a respectable parse, and good job.